Sammish Slough

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by TANGLES, May 8, 2012.

1. jumpin New Member

Ratings: +1 / 0
    when I was a pup We fished for crawdads under a bridge in Woodinville (next to Goodtime Charlie's) what a gas.

This one of a kind 1963 horizon was built for the slew races by one of the Bud racing team members, cant remember his name. I've had her since "83"
    2013-10-19_13-50-26_207 horizon.jpg
    Jeff Cheng likes this.
  2. Drysuperfly Member

Ratings: +12 / 0
    i have fished there a dozen times and never seen another fisherman, sounds like this sleepy little river has a lot more memories and history then it let on.
  3. John Wallace Active Member

Bellevue,Wa.
    Ratings: +62 / 1
    We should get an outing on the Slough with all of us and then meet back at the Black Raven to talk about the day. I can do it if it is a Saturday What you all think!
    golfman44 and Jeff Cheng like this.
  4. Drysuperfly Member

i have most fridays off as well, wait for a little warmer weater and it sounds like a great day.
    Jeff Cheng likes this.
  5. Greg Armstrong Active Member

Pugetropolis
    Ratings: +346 / 0
    The Sammamish Slough crawdads (the tails) made the best bait for summer-runs back in the early 70's.... a little known secret.

Also tasted pretty good along with a lot of beer to wash them down with on a hot summer day with friends.

Don't think I'd eat anything from out of there these days though - in fact it probably wasn't the best idea back then either, but we were young and stupid then!
  6. Drysuperfly Member

Can you keep crawdads in a catch and release fishery?
  7. John Wallace Active Member

Bellevue,Wa.
    Ratings: +62 / 1
    If you use barbless hooks.