Sauk River Information wading access,etc.

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by Peter Pancho, Feb 4, 2003.

1. Peter Pancho Active Member

Gig Harbor,WA
    Ratings: +8 / 0
    Hello, my wife and I are going to be hitting the Sauk this weekend to do some Steelheading and taking pictures of the Bald Eagles. Any suggestions on wading access, I've never been there before. Anyone fish it lately?
    Any help would be appreciated!

Thankyou! Peter ><>

"Follow Me and I will make you fishers of Men"
    Matthew 4:19
  2. Rob Blomquist Formerly Tight Loops

Mountlake Terrace, WA, USA.
    Ratings: +1 / 0
    The Sauk is a pretty wild river. You won't be able to access every inch of the river by wading, but probably 3/4 of it.

The first bridge downstream of Darrington has a nice drift adjacent to the boat launch, and there is also some good water along the Darrington?-Concrete Road.

There is also good water upstream of Darrington, just as accessable. To combine eagles with fishing on the Sauk, I would stay closer to the Skagit. But fish the Sauk, unless you spey, the Skagit is a BIG river for a guy with a single handed rod.

Rob
  3. Old Man Just an Old Man

Dillon, Mt
    Ratings: +1,704 / 0
    I used to know it all---but now that I'm older I seem to forget it all.

Also from the first bridge you can access the river from the right hand side and if you cross the bridge you will find a old camp ground where you can drive down near the river. And if you go down to the next bridge,go asross it and take the road to the left. It takes you to the river. If you go straight across the bridge stay on the paved road and there is a Skagit co. Campground on your right. You can access the river there.

Jim