NFR Seahawks game

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by Kaiserman, Dec 2, 2013.

1. Old Man Just an Old Man

Dillon, Mt
    Ratings: +1,653 / 0
    The defense was awesome last night. N.O. couldn't mount to much of offense last night. The defense seems to be better every time they play. Go hawks. SF this Sunday.
  2. Kent Lufkin Remember when you could remember everything?

Not sure
    Ratings: +1,225 / 0
    True enough. The first third of the season the Seahawks 'played down' to the level of their opponents due to injuries, especially on the O line that allowed WIlson to be sacked far too many times. But that was then and this is now.

The line (and the conventional wisdom) on last night's game was Seattle by 4-1/2. But the lopsided final score should offer some insights into just how unreliable conventional wisdom can be.

Since it's probable that Seattle will have home field advantage throughout the playoffs (barring a disaster in the last few games), Carolina will be at a distinct disadvantage at the Clink, no matter how well they play beforehand.

Plus they could also lose to the Saints and fail to make the playoffs at all . . .

K
    astrofisher and Olive bugger like this.
  3. Joe Goodfellow Active Member

DES moines wa
    Ratings: +101 / 0
    To bad Denver is 34-19 against the Seahawks. They got so scared of Denver they left the afc couldn't handle losing anymore.
  4. Kaiserman content

Ratings: +401 / 0
    Who was their QB then? 5 times to SB, back to back wins, QB tough as they get, thrived in cold weather.... different team altogether.
  5. Evan Virnoche Guest

Ratings: +0 / 0
    you are correct that is why they left
  6. Josh dead in the water

NW Washington
    Ratings: +497 / 2
    I think the 49ers game is pretty winnable. SF isn't the same team it was last year. Now, they have been back on the upswing and the game is in SF. But still, I'd bet on the hawks.
    Kent Lufkin likes this.
  7. Old Man Just an Old Man

Dillon, Mt
    Ratings: +1,653 / 0
    If Denver didn't have Manning, where do you think that would be in their division. Probably somewhere in the middle or the bottom with the Raiders.
  8. Joe Goodfellow Active Member

DES moines wa
    I don't play what if games I only go on facts
  9. Joe Goodfellow Active Member

DES moines wa
    Pre season doesn't count sorry bass
  10. Evan Virnoche Guest

Ratings: +0 / 0
    i get that, but as stated, i aint even scurred
  11. Kaiserman content

No reason to be, since you won't get past the Patriots. :p
  12. ambassadeur10000 Member

Ratings: +6 / 0
    Peyton won't even lead his team out of the division.
    BASS_TURDS likes this.
  13. Joe Goodfellow Active Member

DES moines wa
    Denver never lost to the patriots in the play offs
  14. Chris Bellows The Thought Train

The Salt
    Ratings: +753 / 0
    the air aint the only thing light in denver.

denver has the easiest schedule in the nfl

seattle has the 10th hardest schedule

who has a better record?
    Irafly and Kent Lufkin like this.
  15. astrofisher Clear Skies

Tenino, Wa.
    Ratings: +54 / 0
    I don't think that's historically accurate. However, even if it is accurate, please don't rain on the parade. :D
  16. Porter Active Member

Kenmore, WA, USA.
    Ratings: +512 / 0
    Seattle is playing great, but....it's not who you play but when you play them. SF is getting stronger with players returning. Carolina is better, so is Seattle, but 4-5 weeks from now who will be the best....time will tell! It's the sucker team that scares me, a team with no chance that comes in here and beats Seattle. Notice how they play close to so-so teams but blow out the good teams. Watch out for a GB team with a bad record but a healthy Rodgers....just one hot afternoon and he can lead GB to victory over any team any where. A tight game with a wild card team it only takes one mistake to lose the game....muffed punt? a fumble? Another team to keep eye out for is Arizona....kinda scary especially when carson palmer is not color blind. Going to be fun! When your team doing well it makes you stay interested in all the other games going on.
    Irafly likes this.
  17. Kaiserman content

No, but they have Peyton's #. If you listen, you can still hear the chant, "Who's your daddy...."
  18. astrofisher Clear Skies

Tenino, Wa.
    Ratings: +54 / 0
    I believe the "O" line played very well last night. It appeared to me that New Orleans' game plane was prevent Marshawn Lynch and the running game from beating them, and they succeeded in that regard. Play after play, they were able to stop Lynch. However, Seattle proved last night that focusing on Lynch can be a problem. Wilson (thanks to the "O" line etc.) were able to use the emphasis on Lynch against them in an impressive fashion. IMO
    Kent Lufkin and Olive bugger like this.
  19. freestoneangler Not to be confused with Freestone

Edgewood, WA
    Ratings: +708 / 1
    Wilson wins the MVP (IMHO) if he takes them at least to the division championship.
    Kent Lufkin likes this.
  20. Joe Goodfellow Active Member

DES moines wa
    That's funny I'm just missing with you guys