Seattle Fly Fishing Rideshare?

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by Courtesy Flush, Nov 30, 2008.

1. Courtesy Flush

Courtesy Flush aka Sean

Found this social group under Quick Links but the last post was a couple months ago. Any members still around?

I'm in West Seattle and for the most part fish solo. Wouldn't mind meeting some new folks to hit the river with and to share the costs of gas and beer. I'll bring the keg grill.

~ CF

2. Brookie_Hunter

Brookie_Hunter aka Dave Hoover

I'm in West Seattle (Admiral) too and despite the now low gas prices, I'd still like to rideshare if possible. Unfotunately, I have a 11mos old and I'm more limited on time these days. Do you ever fish at Lincoln Park?

3. Courtesy Flush

Courtesy Flush aka Sean

Haven't tried the salt yet but I'm gearing up to do soon. Would definitely appreciate the company on my first go at it.

So there's two WFF.com'ers in West Seattle. Anybody else?

~ CF

4. 2506

2506 Member

Count me in, although I'm not in W. Seattle, I'm near the U-village.

5. Eric Tarcha

Eric Tarcha gear whore

Yeah, we started it this summer and it never really took off...but always looking for dudes to go to the river with, so let me know...I'll hit the salt as well.

6. Ed Call

Ed Call Mumbling Moderator Staff Member

If anyone is on the way to the KP or OP via the Edmonds-Kingston ferry, I live near there. I've picked up people who walk on the ferry and split gas out to adventure land.

7. Gary Thompson

Gary Thompson dirty dog

That's the way to go guys, share the ride.

8. Robert Fyall

Robert Fyall Member

9. jsuyes

jsuyes FFF-CCI

I live in Kent and am always looking for people to fish with. I try to fish atleast once a weekend. So count me in too. Im looking to hit a river on the Olympic Peninsula on Saturday if anyone is interested.

10. Michael&Tanner

Michael&Tanner Sir Real

I'm on the south side of Seattle, and try to get out often. Frequently, Tanner is with me, but he's often a better conversationalist than I.

I'm usually up for fishing, hunting, or mushroom picking.

I also have a couple good sized tents if anybody is interested in doing a fish camp.

M&T

11. Courtesy Flush

Courtesy Flush aka Sean

jsuyes, I would up for hitting the OP this weekend but I'm considering attending Stealhead University's seminar on Saturday.

Looks like the interest for ridesharing is growing. Maybe we can put something together in the next couple weeks for a meet and greet at Lincoln Park.

~ CF

12. 2506

2506 Member

meet & greet sounds great. Also, anyone who's got a Vizsla is welcome in my truck any time.

13. Michael&Tanner

Michael&Tanner Sir Real

I second the meet and greet idea.

Seems like a good opportunity to get a better feel for someone, and ensure that potential road partners would make good company. Probably best not to put the heavy metal people in the same vehicle as the deadheads.

I'm open to time and place, but will throw out a starter:

How about Thursday around 6 pm at Avid Angler?

14. 2506

2506 Member

Can't do that one, dinner and drinks with a friend.

15. SteelieD

SteelieD Non Member

I'm down with hitting Lincoln one afternoon...

16. Brookie_Hunter

Brookie_Hunter aka Dave Hoover

I'm in for a Lincoln Park meet and greet. We're quickly appraoching the holiday season. If we can't do it soon, it may be best to wait after the New Year...just a suggestion.

17. jsuyes

jsuyes FFF-CCI

Im up for the meet and greet.

CF,

Looks like I'm getting called into work on Saturday. I cant go. Looks like the weather is going to be bad (meaning sunny) anyway. How about next weekend somewhere on the OP?

John

18. Courtesy Flush

Courtesy Flush aka Sean

I agree, the sooner the better before the New Year. My wife is already making plans without my input. She got tired of hearing me say "depends on the flows" when asking if we can commit to holiday parties. Anyhow....

I'm unavailable Thursday but free for Lincoln Park this Saturday.

~ CF

19. Evan Burck

Evan Burck Fudge Dragon

i say we meet and greet over some brew:beer1:

20. sounds good to me, I'm right off of Ballinger by the Village Market