Seattle Fly Fishing Rideshare?

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by Courtesy Flush, Nov 30, 2008.

1. Eric Tarcha gear whore

Seattle, WA
    Ratings: +12 / 0
    Allison, a couple of thoughts of mine based on these posts and others of yours I have read on this thread...you are kind of a buzz kill. Plans change..come and hang or don't... We want to tie flies or fish, swear, call each other names that may offend some, drink beers and hang out with people that like to do the same. I kicked around Rattle Snake Lake for our WFF outing on Saturday and did indeed ask people if they were on the forum...big deal...and guess what, a lot of people were! And if they weren't I told them they should be. There will probably be 8 people floating around flyfishing on GL thursday and 7 of them will be us. not too hard.
  2. Ben Waldschmidt Member

Ratings: +0 / 0
    Ed, great idea!!! I actually have two sort-of-tent-things from work. I haven't taken them out of the box yet, but I think they are probably at least 8'x8', like the style that people use at outdoor fairs and such...Probably could make on a dedicated WFF tent. That way we can represent and anyone can easily find us, although upon finding and meeting us, they wish they wouldn't have. :thumb:
  3. Allison Banned or Parked

Seattle, WA
    I'm at least 75% certain.:thumb:
  4. Ben Waldschmidt Member

Don't think that I will make it to Green Lake tomorrow. I have wayyyyyy to much stuff to finish up at the homestead, before this weekend. Good Luck out there guys, and have an extra beer or two for me. :beer2:
  5. herl Member

the other washington
    Ratings: +1 / 0
    I'll be there. Probably showing up between 6:30 and 7:30. That NW parking lot on Eric T's map should be a good spot tomorrow as the wind is supposed to be from the NNW.

I paddled around in this area for 40 minutes Sun night and there were birds, bugs, a few trout rises/dimples (I think) and some carp rolling. I couldn't figure out what anyone was eating in time to hook anything. It's pretty shallow (4-8') and weedy between the launch and the island, beyond that it drops off a bit (to 10-15') so plan your lines accordingly. I'll be driving a green Caddis V-tube.

Eric
  6. Chris Puma hates waking up early

stumptown
    Ratings: +3 / 0
    I have my walk through tomorrow at 4 PM. I have no idea what's going on. SO you mighty have free beer but there's a possibility you might not have free beer.
  7. lylelovett666 Active Member

seattle,wa
    Ratings: +42 / 0
    I have no flotation device Allison so that kind of leaves me out.If you want to meet at Al's that would be fine.Please leave all attitude at the door however.No need for such things.7pm seems about time enough for me to get from work to the bar.If i run a little late be patient.Feel free to tie
  8. Courtesy Flush aka Sean

West Seattle
    Ratings: +1 / 0
    Everyone's bailing out. That may include me as well. The wife wants to head up to Canada tonight instead of tomorrow.

You guys have a good weekend, eh.
  9. lylelovett666 Active Member

seattle,wa
  10. Eric Tarcha gear whore

Seattle, WA
    "I hope you know, this isn't over...."

-J.L.

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:
  11. Ben Waldschmidt Member

that's some funny stuff right there!
  12. lylelovett666 Active Member

seattle,wa
    I believe the exact quote was"It's not over till I say it's over."
  13. Eric Tarcha gear whore

Seattle, WA
    HAHAHAAAAA!!
  14. lylelovett666 Active Member

seattle,wa
    Would any of you boys like to fess up to a prank call?
  15. ToddK Member

On the road again, WA
    Ratings: +2 / 0
    Whats up? I leave for two weeks and Al's has been changed to GL. I guess the could be fun. Is Dukes still open? They have a patio and beerptyd
  16. Eric Tarcha gear whore

Seattle, WA
    naw man, just tonight. thought it would be fun to go fish, but i think basically everyone backed out anyway. There will be more Al's in the near future.
  17. lylelovett666 Active Member

seattle,wa
    Did anyone show up at GL tonight.If so how was done?
  18. Ben Waldschmidt Member

I'm planning on being at Al's again next week...depending upon if the new pup is here by then:eek:
  19. Chris Puma hates waking up early

stumptown
    Ratings: +3 / 0

even i can't wait for you to get your dog. man puppies are so damn awesome.

check out pics of when neko was a puppy:

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
  20. lylelovett666 Active Member

seattle,wa
    How was Niko's gas as a puppy?Anything like last week?Maybe it was C.Flush.Love the "you just blew my mind pic."