Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner

Seattle Fly Fishing Rideshare?

19K views 297 replies 32 participants last post by  Courtesy Flush 
#1 ·
Found this social group under Quick Links but the last post was a couple months ago. Any members still around?

I'm in West Seattle and for the most part fish solo. Wouldn't mind meeting some new folks to hit the river with and to share the costs of gas and beer. I'll bring the keg grill.

~ CF

#2 ·
I'm in West Seattle (Admiral) too and despite the now low gas prices, I'd still like to rideshare if possible. Unfotunately, I have a 11mos old and I'm more limited on time these days. Do you ever fish at Lincoln Park?

#6 ·
If anyone is on the way to the KP or OP via the Edmonds-Kingston ferry, I live near there. I've picked up people who walk on the ferry and split gas out to adventure land.

#9 ·
I live in Kent and am always looking for people to fish with. I try to fish atleast once a weekend. So count me in too. Im looking to hit a river on the Olympic Peninsula on Saturday if anyone is interested.

#10 ·
I'm on the south side of Seattle, and try to get out often. Frequently, Tanner is with me, but he's often a better conversationalist than I.

I'm usually up for fishing, hunting, or mushroom picking.

I also have a couple good sized tents if anybody is interested in doing a fish camp.

M&T

#11 ·
jsuyes, I would up for hitting the OP this weekend but I'm considering attending Stealhead University's seminar on Saturday.

Looks like the interest for ridesharing is growing. Maybe we can put something together in the next couple weeks for a meet and greet at Lincoln Park.

~ CF

#13 ·
I second the meet and greet idea.

Seems like a good opportunity to get a better feel for someone, and ensure that potential road partners would make good company. Probably best not to put the heavy metal people in the same vehicle as the deadheads.

I'm open to time and place, but will throw out a starter:

How about Thursday around 6 pm at Avid Angler?

#16 ·
I'm in for a Lincoln Park meet and greet. We're quickly appraoching the holiday season. If we can't do it soon, it may be best to wait after the New Year...just a suggestion.

#17 ·
Im up for the meet and greet.

CF,

Looks like I'm getting called into work on Saturday. I cant go. Looks like the weather is going to be bad (meaning sunny) anyway. How about next weekend somewhere on the OP?

John

#18 ·
I agree, the sooner the better before the New Year. My wife is already making plans without my input. She got tired of hearing me say "depends on the flows" when asking if we can commit to holiday parties. Anyhow....

I'm unavailable Thursday but free for Lincoln Park this Saturday.

~ CF

#21 ·
I'm down for a meet & greet, too. Fairly new to West Seattle, so it'd be great to meet some other fishing folk...especially for ride shares. Maybe the Beveridge Place some night?
I'm off to Montana this weekend, but any other time works great. I'm one of those 6.3% the Times was talking about, so plenty of time on my hands these days to look for fish, er, work.

#23 ·
Damn, can't do Thursday... and I've been looking for a reason to visit the Avid Angler. Saturday is the only day available for myself. After that, things get a little crazy for the holidays.

Maybe some of us can meet Thursday and others on Saturday at Lincoln Park/Beverage Place? Then after the New Year, we can get schedule further out to get everyone together?

~ CF

#24 ·
Im going to be at the Avid Angler at 6pm on Thursday. I will be the big guy (310 pounds) driving the blue chevy. My name is John.

I'm also willing to meet for some :beer1: on Saturday. Somebody pick the place and I will be there too. Nothing too loud my hearing is shot from years of concerts and duck hunting. :)

John

#26 ·
I have to work late tonight. Fellas, I will not be able to make it to Avid Angler anywhere near 6pm. Sorry if that changes anything. Its been one of those weeks at work.

Cheers,

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.