sfr-the Entiat fire

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by Alex MacDonald, Jul 13, 2014.

1. Alex MacDonald

Alex MacDonald Dr. of Doomology

I see tonight our own Vladimir Steblina is quoted in Fox News concerning the fire near Entiat. Let's hope the lightening storm predicted doesn't form!

2. Brookie_Hunter

Brookie_Hunter aka Dave Hoover

It was pretty smokey along Hwy 97 when we passed through Orondo yesterday. I hope they can get it extinguished very soon.

3. Old Man

Old Man Just an Old Man

Fire is good for the forests. Look at all the Mushrooms they provide after a fire cleans out all the under brush. Not that I would ever eat one of those things.

4. Gary Thompson

Gary Thompson dirty dog

Just another summer here in the tribs that feed the mighty Columbia river.

jake-e-boy likes this.
  5. jeff bandy

jeff bandy Make my day

Always seemed a little odd. You build a million dollar mansion in a high fire zone, but don't put in any fire sepression system. I'd have a BIG ASS pump and sprinkler system.

Old Man and Alex MacDonald like this.
  6. Kaiserman

Kaiserman content

When fire breaks out around those houses in the woods, there's no fire suppression known to man that will save your house (inside).

That being said, I've personally known people who have felled trees around their houses, and planted grass and kept it very green. In all of their cases, they were the only houses standing, some with absolutely no damage what-so-ever.

7. jeff bandy

jeff bandy Make my day

Didn't realize "ass" was a cuss word anymore.;)

8. cuponoodle breakfast

cuponoodle breakfast Active Member

I heard Mr. Steblina on the radio this afternoon talking about the fire. Only took a second to realize where I knew the name from.

9. Old Man

Old Man Just an Old Man

I guess it depends how you use it. Like "kiss my Ass" or I was riding one of our ass's yesterday.

10. GAT

GAT Active Member

"Ass" shows up in the original post but not the quote box. Evidently the quote function has a censor mind of its own.

Damned computers.

"Open the pod bay door, HAL."

"I'm sorry, Dave. I can't do that."

Chad Lewis likes this.