Skokomish above Lake Cushman Regulations?

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by Theron, Jul 14, 2013.

1. Theron Active Member

Near Coupeville, WA
    Ratings: +117 / 0
    I am making a later than normal trip to Washington this year. I will be on the OP the weekend of September 21 & 22. In previous years I have always tried to fish the Skokomish above Cushman in the Staircase area. If I read the regulations correctly the North Fork is closed as of August 31.

I have also fished in the past in the area on the North section of Lake Cushman right where the river dumps into the lake. This area is just North of what Google Maps says is Dry Creek Road or NF-2451. This area is dry at certain times of the year but is usually fishable in late summer when I am normally there. My question is "Can I legally fish this area since it actually appears to be part of the lake, or is this considered part of the North Fork of the Skokomish?"

I have Bob Triggs booked as a guide for some SRC fishing on Hood Canal but would like to get some "skinny water" fishing in as well.
  2. Jim Wallace Smells like low tide

Somewhere on the Coast
    Ratings: +544 / 0
    Since the lake itself is open year-round, and the water level is known to fluctuate, I would think that you would have to visually determine the outermost points of dry bar on each side of the river, at the delta where it enters the lake, and assume that any moving waters upstream from a line between them closes on 8/31.
  3. Jim Wallace Smells like low tide

Somewhere on the Coast
    Ratings: +544 / 0
    Bob can probably point you toward some skinny water in the area.