Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner

So has any one ever....

645 views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  jeff bandy 
#1 ·
Today I was fishing on the north fork of the cda and had something happen to me for the first time. I don't know it this is common or not as I normally don't run this setup. Has any one ever been running a hopper with a dropper and had the fish go the the hopper and miss it but get caught on the dropper. I had a beaded san juan worm and that happened to me to day and the hook and line wrapped around the fish and the hook doug in. I have had things like this happen before like a fish rolled the dry and got its self poked. but nothing like this.

#2 ·
I had it happen on Rock Creek in MT and fouled (belly) hooked a 16" fish in fast water with the dropper.. thought I had hooked a really big one! I figure it missed the top fly and got foul hooked. Can't remember how far the dropper was from the top fly.. don't think it was more than 18"...

#7 ·
Had that once on a lake, my first fish of the day. It definitely seemed bigger than it was, but when I got it close to the tube I could tell something wasn't right. The dropper was a small chironomid and barely had him hooked. He swam off fine, but I did not feel great about it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.