Sportsmen for Wild Olympics

Discussion in 'Events' started by Tony Polizzi, May 27, 2013.

1. Tony Polizzi Active Member

PT, OP
    Ratings: +66 / 0
    The Wild Olympics Wilderness and Wild & Scenic Rivers Act of 2012 is about protecting hunting & fishing for the future. Congressman Norm Dicks and Senator Patty Murray's landmark legislation would permanently protect critical rivers & streams and roadless habitat for Peninsula salmon, steelhead, elk and other fish and game. It would also protect and expand access for hunters and anglers by doubling the amount of huntable land on the Peninsula for the High Buck Hunt and protecting fishing on our rivers.
    Newly-elected Congressman Derek Kilmer is doing his due diligence and listening to all sides on the Wild Olympics legislation.
    We need your voice as a local sportsman at one of six town-hall style public meetings taking place in Port Angeles, Port Townsend, Bremerton, Bainbridge Island, Aberdeen and Tacoma:
    Tuesday, May 28th - Port Angeles

12:00pm - 1:30pm

Peninsula College, The Little Theater

(In Building J, the Pirate Union Building)

1502 E Lauridsen Blvd

Port Angeles, WA 98362

Tuesday, May 28th - Port Townsend

5:00pm - 6:30pm

Worden State Park Conference

Fort

Center

Fort Warden Commons in Company A

200 Battery Way

Port Townsend, WA 98368

Wednesday, May 29th - Bremerton

5:00pm - 6:30pm

Admiral Theatre

515 Pacific Ave

Bremerton, WA 98337
  2. SOPoker Banned or Parked

Olympic Corrections Center, WA
    Ratings: +16 / 0
    Not many locals out here are for this... in fact I can't think of many folks I know at all that support it...
  3. Tony Polizzi Active Member

PT, OP
    Ratings: +66 / 0
    Then I would encourage them to contact their elected representatives including County Commissioners and State Representatives to make sure they are being heard.