Steve does it again

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by silvercreek, Aug 15, 2013.

1. 243'... with a single.
    Holy cow!

2. That is one hell of a cast!

3. Competition for the buzz bombs.

Irafly likes this.
  4. Great photo with the chromer too. It's nice to see someone who could always cast and fish.

5. He might be able to cast a singlehander that far. But when he fishes for big fish he uses a Spey rod. What's up with that??

6. Must be a special line, unless he can cast backing too.

7. He casts backing. I've seen him do it.

KerryS likes this.
  8. Like most steelheaders, Rajeff has adopted Spey casting for steelhead because it is more efficient; plus it's cool, and he can Spey cast a very long line as well.

Sg

9. Jebus! Impressive. On my best day I can only get all the flyline out.

10. TThat record was set in the seventies. With glass, I'm assuming. The more I ponder it, the more it blows my mind.

11. I have also.

12. The Steve cast is pretty crazy to watch. His casts get a LOT of elevation.

triploidjunkie likes this.
  13. What the hell? Is there some old man rule that says if you are a single hand casting champion you can't fish with a two hander?

14. I watched him at Rockport do some demostration casting with both the single and two hander. Awesome to watch.

constructeur likes this.
  15. What's the big deal? Heck I can cast that far. Oh wait, it said Two Hundred and 43 ft - nevermind.

Kenneth Yong and triploidjunkie like this.
  16. Because of this thread I looked up some of his videos. He can lay it out there. He uses his whole body to cast. I always wondered where they got the logo for echo. Now I know.

17. Sign me up for a lesson!

18. He has help a lot of fisherman with casting and is one hell of a guy.

19. Echo logo = Tim Rajeff. Steve Rajeff is his brother.