still no ammo

Discussion in 'Cast & Blast' started by Bob Rankin, Apr 24, 2013.

1. Bob Rankin Active Member

Yakima, WA
    Ratings: +161 / 1
    There is some ammo here and there, but what the hell? Im looking for some Hornady vmax 22-250 50 or 55 grain rounds and I cant find them anywhere. I Just got A new coyote rifle and whant to put it to use! I have some outher ammo that i sighted the rifle in with, but would like some good Hornady for the field. If any one could help that would be great. Im willing to buy trade or whatever. I hope all this ammo nonsence stop's soon It would be nice to find things when you need them. Bob
  2. Roper Idiot Savant

Glenraven Ranch
    Ratings: +678 / 1
    Check Midway, they show some in stock (Winchester) and some coming soon (Federal). They're very good about their "notify me" option when stock comes in. I just picked up two 15-22 magazines using that feature last week.
  3. Bob Rankin Active Member

Yakima, WA
    Thanks Roper. Ill take a look. But im kind of stuck on the hornady vmax. First the rifle was hard to find now ammo is hard to find.Bad luck I guess.
  4. Alex MacDonald Dr. of Doomology

Haus Alpenrosa, Lederhosenland
    Ratings: +751 / 0
    It should improve now that we've beaten back the ludicrous "feel good" attempts to deal with mass murderers.
  5. Roper Idiot Savant

Glenraven Ranch
    Ratings: +678 / 1
    Not so fast Alex, Sen. Lautenberg of New Joisy wants background checks for gunpowder now. They aren't letting up for a minute, nothing better for a politician than a nice bloody bombing to push their agenda.
  6. Bob Rankin Active Member

Yakima, WA
    I sure hope it does get better. I diddn't think that 22-250 was something worthy of hording. But everyone has there reasons I guess. Waiting for things I wont is not one of my strong points!
  7. zen leecher aka bill w born to work, forced to fish

Moses Lake, WA
    Ratings: +889 / 1

Hope they don't read the old Foxfire book series. They'd ban peeing as dried urine was used for making black powder.
  8. Ron Eagle Elk Active Member

Yelm, WA, USA.
    Ratings: +78 / 0
    Gave the press a short work out this afternoon. Used up the last of my powder to make up 500 rounds of 30-06 and 250 rounds of .223. No more util more powder and primers hit the shelves.
  9. Krusty Active Member

Spokane, WA
    Ratings: +506 / 0
    Hell, I didn't think .22 was going to end up being hoarded either.

I have to say, as I travel around trying to find ammo, that I'm seeing people frantically buying guns that I worry about knowing 'which end is the business end'. The real result of all this proposed legislation is the exact opposite of what was intended.
    Jim Ficklin and Guy Gregory like this.
  10. David Dalan 69°19'15.35" N 18°44'22.74" E

Walla Walla, WA
    Ratings: +615 / 0
    Almost always is, unfortunately.