Stillwater, the worst online fly shop ever.

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by 9iron, Aug 16, 2013.

1. David Loy Senior Moment

Wolf Bay
    Ratings: +334 / 2
    I have purchased two items at different times recently from Stillwater. The first was a not commonly carried fly line. When it arrived (quickly) it was the wrong line. I called and spoke with Jake who apologised and asked me to keep the line if I could use it and had the correct line expedited to me. I sent the first line back but the second line landed before I was able to get to the PO. Second purchase was flawless. I mostly buy local but would not hesitate to use them again.
    Sorry your experience wasn't as good but I believe the business is a good one. There are two sides to every pancake.
    This is my real name.
    Mark Kraniger likes this.
  2. ralfish Active Member

B.C.
    Ratings: +48 / 0
    You are complaining about a 13 day wait, really? I would understand 4-5 months but 13 days is pretty fast compared to what I'm used to waiting for...
  3. golfman44 Coho Queen

Kirkland
    Ratings: +1,092 / 0
    You realize those outbound lines are all the exact same, right? (rio has told me this). Same line different packaging.
  4. Dipnet aka Tim Hartman

Silverdale, WA
    Ratings: +379 / 0
    Yeah, I checked into this also with several local shops and also Rio.

To my knowledge, the fresh and salt lines are the same but there is a difference between the tropical and coldwater lines due to the coatings.

Actually, I don't recall if Rio told me about the difference in tropical vs. coldwater or someone else.
  5. Dipnet aka Tim Hartman

Silverdale, WA
    Ratings: +379 / 0
    9iron, have you logged your complaint with Stillwater?

If not, I'd encourage you to do so.

In my former working life I ran a marina that had a retail shop. If a customer was unhappy I would want to know about it! How could I correct any problems if they weren't made known to me?
    Danielocean likes this.