Stillwater, the worst online fly shop ever.

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by 9iron, Aug 16, 2013.

1. David Loy

David Loy Senior Moment

I have purchased two items at different times recently from Stillwater. The first was a not commonly carried fly line. When it arrived (quickly) it was the wrong line. I called and spoke with Jake who apologised and asked me to keep the line if I could use it and had the correct line expedited to me. I sent the first line back but the second line landed before I was able to get to the PO. Second purchase was flawless. I mostly buy local but would not hesitate to use them again.
    Sorry your experience wasn't as good but I believe the business is a good one. There are two sides to every pancake.
    This is my real name.

Mark Kraniger likes this.
  2. ralfish

ralfish Active Member

You are complaining about a 13 day wait, really? I would understand 4-5 months but 13 days is pretty fast compared to what I'm used to waiting for...

3. golfman44

golfman44 Active Member

Media:
    You realize those outbound lines are all the exact same, right? (rio has told me this). Same line different packaging.

4. Dipnet

Dipnet The wanted posters say Tim Hartman

Yeah, I checked into this also with several local shops and also Rio.

To my knowledge, the fresh and salt lines are the same but there is a difference between the tropical and coldwater lines due to the coatings.

Actually, I don't recall if Rio told me about the difference in tropical vs. coldwater or someone else.

5. Dipnet

Dipnet The wanted posters say Tim Hartman

9iron, have you logged your complaint with Stillwater?

If not, I'd encourage you to do so.

In my former working life I ran a marina that had a retail shop. If a customer was unhappy I would want to know about it! How could I correct any problems if they weren't made known to me?

Danielocean likes this.