NFR SUPER BOWL CHAMPS

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by golfman44, Feb 2, 2014.

1. Rod Wittner

Rod Wittner Active Member

Congratulations to the Hawks and you guys, their fans for bringing a championship to Washington. Well done. A very convincing victory and a very strong year. The Hawks will be the team to beat next year, for sure.

Ed Call likes this.
  2. Danielocean

Danielocean Steelhead Virgin

Could not be a better day for us loyal Seahawks fan's. I urge all those celebrating to be responsible, and stay safe. There is going to be a lot of hung over people calling in sick tomorrow. I just spent an serious amount of money on the nfl pro shop.

golfman44 and Ed Call like this.
  3. Ed Call

Ed Call Mumbling Moderator Staff Member

Here Here!

golfman44 likes this.
  4. Ed Call

Ed Call Mumbling Moderator Staff Member

Bullshit, it could have been better with you posting your first steelhead success. You had plenty of time before the game to swing/bead/bobbercate a lot of quality water. Did you? If not, your day was sold short and the Super Bowl win just salvaged it for you.

5. Evan Burck

Evan Burck Fudge Dragon

6. Kent Lufkin

Kent Lufkin Remember when you could remember everything?

And this from ye of little faith!

K

Porter likes this.
  7. James W. Haan

James W. Haan Member

Went outside after the game and shouted "Whos got it better than us", silence , even the crickets shut up. Everyone around here were backing the Broncos because they couldn't accept that Seattle was a better team. I kept saying 35 to 17 Seattle, I meant 35 point differnce.

8. WA-Fly

WA-Fly Active Member

Wait, so the Broncos didn't win?

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk

9. Rob Allen

Rob Allen Active Member

I watched the entire game.. Now that's saying something!!! that's the first football game I have watched since Jim Zorn, Steve Largent

10. Tacoma Red

Tacoma Red Active Member

There was ONE ESPN "Talking Head" who said "I don't Tweet, Facebook", etc.. "I'm old school and Defense Wins Championships". He picked Seattle...

I love that.

Kaiserman likes this.
  11. Greg Armstrong

Greg Armstrong Active Member

It only took 37 ..............................................................years - of being a Seahawk fan...

But finally I have to say, that this dominating Super Bowl win made it all worthwhile!

12. rory

rory Go Outside

What a disappointing game. I was told that this would be the best defense against the best offense. Sure a win is a win, but it would be nice to see a little bit of a closer match up. The Tampa Bay game this season was much more exciting.

13. Greg Armstrong

Greg Armstrong Active Member

Rory,
    I see your point, but for any of the Seahawk fans (like me) that have been following them for nearly 4 decades, this was an absolute blast to watch!

Steve Call, Kent Lufkin and Irafly like this.
  14. Porter

Porter Active Member

And ...Chris Carter has how many SB rings? exactly one less than pedestrians receivers according to history accounts! ..... And RW3 is only a game manager not a game changer.....:p Haha....The dude has studmuffinwinner written all over him. He's a Terry Bradshaw w/o turnovers....and three more SB titles coming in next few years! ;)

Steve Call, Kent Lufkin and golfman44 like this.
  15. Jordan Simpson

Jordan Simpson Active Member

I generally don't watch American news, mostly because it doesn't relate to me for the most part in terms of 'local news', but I decided to watch Q13 Fox at 10 (and I never watch Fox for obvious reasons) to see 'local' coverage of your guys' much anticipated and deserved victory. To say the least, I was quite entertained and amused when they went to a live, on-location reporter who happened to be in the wrong spot at the right time! Buddy guy reporter, and all of us at home, and those in studio got quite a show from a very 'free' fan who happened to be going by.
    I really hope I'm not the only one who noticed this!

I was at work all day and had my phone set for notifications and I am super happy for all you Washingtonians and Best Coasters on your highly anticipated and long overdue Super Bowl!

golfman44 and Porter like this.
  16. Jim Ficklin

Jim Ficklin Genuine Montana Fossil

Congrats All! My initial prediction was only off by 35 years, but it finally happened & by a very motivated & talented TEAM. Wilson described it best: "Relentless."

golfman44 likes this.
  17. Drifter

Drifter Active Member

They sure opened a huge can of "WHOOP-ASS" on Denver and played it with great sportsmanship. My hat goes off to them!

I did notice the whole time even the head coach after the game was calling themselves "THE NORTHWEST TEAM" and I can say I'm proud they are!!!

What an ass-whooping!

golfman44 and Porter like this.
  18. Trapper Badovinac

Trapper Badovinac Author, Writer, Photographer

I'm genuinely happy for all you Seahawk fans. As a life long Bronco fan I know what it's like to wait and wait and wait for it finally to be your team that's holding up the Lombardi Trophy.

The Seahawk players and staff are truly the very best and desire all the accolades being heaped upon them.

Trapper

golfman44 likes this.
  19. Evan Burck

Evan Burck Fudge Dragon

There it is http://i.imgur.com/1Cxb1mI.png

Cougar Zeke likes this.
  20. KerryS

KerryS Ignored Member

I was a Pete Carroll hater from the day they hired him and continued to be until about half way through this season. I wasn't really convinced the guy and the Seahawks were legit until after the SF victory and I still must admit not completely convinced. Last night proved to me Carroll belongs in the NFL and that the Seahawks are the real deal. I might even start watching them a little more.

Congratulations to Pete Carroll and the Seattle Seahawks.

Kent Lufkin and golfman44 like this.