Support your Local Burger Joint

Discussion in 'Saltwater' started by miyawaki, Apr 9, 2013.

1. miyawaki Active Member

Kent, Washington, USA.
    Ratings: +732 / 1
    If you're fishing the salt near Allyn on Case Inlet, you can't go wrong with a burger and rings from Big Bubba's.

Leland. photo.JPG photo-1.JPG
  2. Gary Knowels Active Member

Seattle, WA
    Ratings: +316 / 0
    Great place, I second the recommendation.
  3. Porter Active Member

Kenmore, WA, USA.
    Ratings: +435 / 0
    Her's a couple I usually visit when hitting their local waters...birdsview burgers, concrete, wa and the Tav in E-berg.

[IMG]

4. Patrick Gould Active Member

Ellensburg, WA
    Ratings: +631 / 0
    The Tav in Ellensburg is great, and I eat/drink there often. The brick courtyard in back is a gem. It's not the best burger in Ellensburg though. That would be the student run restaurant at CWU. It's called Wellington's. As far as I know it's the only place in Eburg that makes a hand formed patty. The ambiance is bad, but the burgers are huge and delicious.
    Bob Triggs, McNasty and Porter like this.
  5. Porter Active Member

Kenmore, WA, USA.
    Ratings: +435 / 0
    Thanks on the tip for Wellington's....I will sacrifice ambiance for better food most of the time! Although sometimes I want to wash it down with a local brew! ;)
    Bob Triggs likes this.
  6. Go Fish Language, its a virus

Rheomode, Wa.
    Ratings: +72 / 0
    Leland,
    Big Bubbas has some of the best fries,
    onion rings. and halibut sandwiches.
    Nice to see you made it out to my
    neck of the woods.

Dave
  7. bennysbuddy the sultan of swing

m-ville
    Ratings: +449 / 0
    Annies pizza in concrete is fisherman friendly & has great food besides pizza. I always have a meal there when I'm in the area.
    rory likes this.
  8. Jeff Peacock Member

port orchard, wa
    Ratings: +12 / 0
    Hard to go wrong at Big Bubba's! Another obligatory stop on the peninsula is Fat Smitty's at the Jct of 101 and SR 20. Great food and fun to check out the walls and ceiling.
    Perfect ends to end a day of chasin sea runs,,,or silvers...or....
  9. Scott Salzer previously micro brew

Ratings: +165 / 0
    Know Big Bubbas well, we have family place on Mason Lake and it is on our route. Liked the Crow's Nest while it was there, but don't try driving and eating a chili dog on that highway.

A lot of good salt and fresh stuff in the area.

Fat Smitty's has changed a bit - last time I went through, remodel, and I think they took down all the wall "decorations".

MB
  10. Patrick Gould Active Member

Ellensburg, WA
    Ratings: +631 / 0
    I know what you mean. A hungry mother burger and iron horse brew in the brick courtyard is hard to beat.
  11. McNasty Canyon Lurker

Somewhere Near Selah, WA
    Ratings: +282 / 1
    +1 on the Tav and wellington's. used to buy bomb food from wellington's when my brother was in college there.
    Patrick Gould likes this.
  12. Dipnet aka Tim Hartman

Silverdale, WA
    Ratings: +344 / 0
    And for those folks who like to fish Titlow in Tacoma for cutts and rezzies, don't hesitate to walk across the road from the parking area and grab a meal at The Beach Tavern. Great burgers and I absolutely love the chicken "drumettes"! Highly recommended!
  13. Steve Saville Active Member

Tacoma, WA
    Ratings: +287 / 1
    Been to the Beach many times.
  14. Gary Knowels Active Member

Seattle, WA
    Ratings: +316 / 0
    If you are down in Grays Harbor fishing the Wynoochee or the Satsop, I highly recommend taking the 25 minute roundtrip side venture out to Clark's on highway 101. Great burgers and fries, and the best milkshakes you'll find (blackberry and pumpkin are favorites)
  15. Jim Wallace Smells like low tide

Somewhere on the Coast
    Ratings: +532 / 0
    Yo, I've driven by that place hundreds of times. Littorally! I'll have to stop in next time!

If your are clamming in Grayland, a good burger can be had at the Local Bar and Grill (formerly the "Local Tavern"). Just order the "deluxe cheesburger." The "Local Burger" is rumored to be too huge for a normal person to consume in one sitting. I have believed the rumors, and never ordered one.

However, I usually opt for the cuisine at Bennet's. (Rated # 1 on the Harbor). Last time I checked, the waitresses were better looking in there, too.:D
  16. Dipnet aka Tim Hartman

Silverdale, WA
    Ratings: +344 / 0
    Yeah, because my sis and BIL live in the Grayland/Westport area I've eaten at both The Local and Bennett's. I'll second Jim's recommendations!!
  17. Brookie_Hunter aka Dave Hoover

Phinney Ridge, Seattle, WA
    Ratings: +102 / 0
    We like to go to Rusty's when passing through Cashmere to get to our cabin up in the Okanogan.
  18. fisherjon Member

Oak Harbor,Washington
    Ratings: +13 / 0
    I remember when i was little the best place here in oak harbor was Cow Corner i miss that place alot they had really good burgers and ice cream cones
  19. Stonefish Triploid and Humpy Hater

Pipers Creek
    Ratings: +1,154 / 1
    Although I wasn't fishing, I supported Pick Quick in Fife today.
  20. Patrick Allen Active Member

Bothell,WA
    Ratings: +136 / 0
    McKean's drive in in Cle Elum. Giant burger on French bread enough said
    Tom Bowden likes this.