Surprised.

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by JayH, Jul 12, 2013.

1. JayH

JayH Member

I hit the S. Fork Snoqualmie yesterday afternoon around 2:30. Hiked in to my first spot that always produces a bunch of little RB's and was totally skunked after fifteen minutes. The water is low I thought to myself and started upriver in search of more favorable water. I fished three or four more spots and pulled a a couple of Brookies out of two of them. Both about 7-8 inches but I was surprised to see 'em at all. That and a good cigar made for the best Thursday I could ask for.

[​IMG]

2. Stew McLeod

Stew McLeod aka BigMac

Nice work. Great colors on that fish.

3. Greg Price

Greg Price Love da little fishies

Jay,

Thanks for the report.

It looks like the s Fork maybe waking up.

The fishing/wading was great, but catching was way down for the past 3 weeks for me.

4. Steve Call

Steve Call Active Member

Great picture!

5. Old Man

Old Man Just an Old Man

Why do some people always say that trout have small mouths. That picture of that Brookie with it's mouth open, you could almost drive a truck in there.

6. Luke77

Luke77 I hope she likes whitefish

Well, eastern brook are in the char family and I would agree, char can open BIG! Not sure they differ that much from trout, but I've never seen trout open like a char. Anyway, not splitting hairs just agreeing.

Great picture!

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

plaegreid likes this.
  7. Josh Stroud

Josh Stroud Active Member

Beautiful fish.

8. Jason Rolfe

Jason Rolfe Wanderer

Nice!

I've always wanted to find brookies up there, but never had any luck. I think that is one "trout" species I've never caught.

Looks like a nice day. Unfortunately, I hooked a salmon this morning so I think I'm effed for the summer. I'm going to need to drag myself up to the mountains though soon.

9. Pat Lat

Pat Lat Mad Flyentist

very cool pic, screw heros pose pictures or laying on the rocks photos, lets see some more shots like this, with character. Right on.

Gregg Lundgren and Ron McNeal like this.