Swinging on Saturday AM

Discussion in 'Steelhead' started by Broderick Smith, Aug 7, 2013.

1. Broderick Smith

Broderick Smith SeaToTree

Ill be on the coast @ Kalaloch in 2 weeks. Going to wake up very early and go chuck the Spey until 9 or 10 on that Sunday AM. I go to various rivers every year and do this while the fam is sleeping (i do this trip once a year).
    Which one would you hit at this time? Know it's slow....but salmon/steelhead still exist right now. Thinking sol duc right now....

2. Merle

Merle Not New, Just rarely post...

I'm thinking the Queets is closest to where you're staying... but am not sure if there's anything anadromous in it this time of year... you're probably right in heading to the Duc for summer steel this time of year.

3. Broderick Smith

Maybe ill try and go for some searun cuts, not sure...I have never tried for them in the past.

4. Salmo_g

Salmo_g Active Member

Queets is closest, and SRC should be available in good numbers.

Sg

5. Broderick Smith

Quick Report : I swung the Hoh for 2 hours. Gorgeous but no action! ImageUploadedByTapatalk1376456342.785821.jpg

6. Salmo_g

Salmo_g Active Member

2 hours is casting practice, or a warm up, not fishing. You need to devote at least as much time to fishing as you do to building sand castles at Kalaloch. BTW, you're in the wrong spot.

Sg

7. Broderick Smith

Ha I know on all fronts. Between a pregnant wife, a family reunion, and a cousin learning to fly fish it was just that, casting practice...