Tagged Bow

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by Seth Tyson, Jan 20, 2014.

1. Seth Tyson Active Member

Spokane
    Ratings: +75 / 0
    I caught a nice bow on the Spokane yesterday, he put up a great fight. when I got him in I noticed he had an orange tag between his dorsal and adipose fins. I let him rest for a bit then sent him on his way. I tried to find where to report it, but was only able to find an outdated WDFW article about a study from 2007.

Does anyone report their tagged catches?

The fishing has been picking up on the Spokane. Spawning season is just around the corner...

Thanks,
  2. triploidjunkie Active Member

Grand Coulee, WA
    Ratings: +1,334 / 0
    It's a floy tag. I wonder.... maybe check with Idaho if you can't find info about it wa. It could've crossed state lines. I've caught Chinook in the Columbia that have came down from lake cd.
  3. GAT Active Member

Willamette Valley, OR
    Ratings: +2,685 / 0
    I wonder if the other fish give the tagged fish a hard time? It's kind'a like involuntary piercing. If tagged fish were more common in the fishing world, I could turn the tagged fish bit into a cartoon. But I don't think it is all that common outside the NW.
    triploidjunkie likes this.
  4. LD Active Member

Spokane, WA
    Ratings: +83 / 6
    Call the WDFW in the valley. They are by silver bow and close the YMCA. They will be able to help you.
  5. Jmills81 The Dude Abides

Spokane, WA
    Ratings: +146 / 0
    if you can next time, try to get the tag #, i think it's 5 or 6 digits. It will help the bio tell you more about that particular fish. One i caught had been documented 4 times
    Seth Tyson and triploidjunkie like this.
  6. Seth Tyson Active Member

Spokane
    Ratings: +75 / 0
    I was in the middle of getting a picture of the tag/ number and he pulled a fast one on me. I was thoroughly upset; he was the nicest bow I have ever caught on the spokane...
  7. Olive bugger Active Member

Woodinville, WA
    Ratings: +434 / 0
  8. Olive bugger Active Member

Woodinville, WA
    Ratings: +434 / 0
    Double tap. Sometimes I can't do anything correctly.
  9. kmudgn Member

Manhchester,NH
    Ratings: +33 / 0
    I believe that might have been one of the special Ted Turner tagged fish. It is worth $ 25,000 as an incentive to turn it in.
    c1eddy likes this.