Takhlakh Lake

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by BPS, Jul 15, 2002.

1. BPS New Member

Yakima, WA, USA.
    Ratings: +0 / 0
    Anyone know anything about this lake? I'm going to be there for a couple of days at the end of the month. Is it fishable or is there water nearby that is? What patterns or location? Any help would be appreciated. :COOK
  2. Stimulator10 New Member

West Richland, WA.
    Fished it many times, and it can be very frustrating. during the day I suggest you fish using wooly bugger down deep. In the evening, the top of the lake becomes alive with fish rising. It took my son and myself a while to figure it out. Try a size 18-20 emerger near the shorline and then watch out, they will start hitting it with a vengence. By the way this is one of the prettiest lakes in Washington, with a full view of Mt. Adams in the background.

There are other lakes up there to fish, but haven't been to productive on flies. Although I haven't tried them in the evening. There are a lot of bait and spinner fisherman up on these lakes, and they do reasonably well. Buy the way all of these lakes are very cold and very clear.
  3. BPS New Member

Yakima, WA, USA.
    Thanks very much. That is just what I was looking for. I appreciate the info.