Teanaway River

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by cwbraue, Jul 21, 2013.

1. cwbraue Member

Yakima, Wa finally
    Ratings: +12 / 0
    Well, I finally checked out the infamous Teanaway region today. My plan was to hike the W fork trail, but I couldn't really find the trail, so I just fished around the area where the W fork and Middle fork meet. There isn't much water, most of the river looks to be about a foot deep or less. I did find one nice pool that was about 4-5 deep and full of small fish. I snorkeled around a bit (brr) and got a good look at the hole and the fish.

These fish didn't seem like regular trout to me, they seemed to have yellow stripes down their side, and I could swear they had an extra pair of fins on the bottom than normal trout, but maybe I just haven't seen a trout underwater in too long.
    [IMG]
  2. bennysbuddy the sultan of swing

m-ville
    Ratings: +680 / 0
    Its a bit late into summer to find much water in the t-way, but down from the bridge were the forks all come togather to were it dumps into the yakima can be decent fishing.
  3. cwbraue Member

Yakima, Wa finally
    Ratings: +12 / 0
    Isn't that all private property below there? Or do you wade down?
  4. bennysbuddy the sultan of swing

m-ville
    Ratings: +680 / 0
    From the teanaway road bridge to red bridge has never been a problem for me wading along the hiway is all private and little access, down by the mouth is good & most landholders are okay with waders. But after the fire some of that land changed hands so things might be changeing.