Tenkara group created

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by Pete Bridge, May 27, 2013.

1. Just an FYI, I started a Tenkara group that is open to anyone interested. The goal is to share info on all things Tenkara whether you are a seasoned vet or just curious. To join just go to Tenkara in groups.

Thanks
    Pete

fly-by and Lex Story like this.
  2. I've tagged it next to the Gymkata forum.

3. Cool. thanks.

4. Tenkaraism! it is spreading!!! :eek: :D

5. I am so down with this. I can't wait to organize some outings and meet a few of the members who also fly fish with fixed lines.

6. It's nice to see that there are others that will admit that they are into tenkara fishing.

Lex Story likes this.
  7. Still not sure why there's a stigma with Tenkara. To me it's just another means of fly fishing. Super efficient if you're a backpacker or climber that may have some time to fish as well.

Lex Story likes this.
  8. True, true. but you can see the same comparisons and indifference with those that fish with modern indicators (didn't have those in the old days), beads (kinda like gear fishing), chironomids (why use a fly rod?).

People like what they are familiar with and seldom do they step outside of their mastered comfort. I use the same principles for food as I do with anything; and that is, "you cannot discount or dismiss what you haven't tried".

I tried it because of what it offered in its simplicity, its compactness and I still get to use flies and I can be deadly productive with it.

Gary Knowels likes this.
  9. Who will be the first legend to land a steelhead on a tenkara? Endless and immortal fame await you...

10. I remember when in the eightys ,Speyrods were the new flash in the pan fad. O- yeah the Scotish had been fishing with speyrods for about 400 years before the fad caught on in the new world.

Lex Story likes this.
  11. Pretty interesting, not that I'd ever try it. :eek: I would love to see him hook a chrome 50 lb. king fresh from the salt and see how long it would take before he was body surfing downstream.

JesseCFowl likes this.
  12. I was waiting for that the whole video!

13. I've come pretty close to that sensation at Rocky Ford once or twice.

14. I'd love to believe you, but I've seen the wet socks in Rocky Ford.

15. [QUOTEI'd love to believe you, but I've seen the wet socks in Rocky Ford. ][/QUOTE]

Yes and I've hooked a few freight trains there also.

16. Although I've yet to get one on Tenkara there, I've had some there that had my 5wt doubled and reel spinning nearly out of control......

JesseCFowl likes this.