The Earth Is Bleeding...

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by dryflylarry, May 14, 2010.

1. smc Active Member

Up River
    Ratings: +25 / 0
    FE is quoting Glen Beck. The U.S. Import - Export bank committed that 2 Billion loan in August, 2009. To conclude that it is related to the fallout of the gulf spill is beyond ludicrous. Of course, Glen Beck's incisive fantasy is in no way related to big oil's push back on the gulf drilling shutdown.

100,000 gallons a day and counting. The environmental loss & ecological toll yet to be counted.
  2. dryflylarry "Chasing Riseforms"

Near the Fjord
    Ratings: +563 / 0
    Gary Thompson is right. Why don't you FE, skip the political bullshit and go count the dead fish in the Gulf or something. Why don't you go to a political site and vent your frustrations? Maybe you can do some of your "in-depth" research and find out some information about Puget Sound oil threats to our fish here. Just cut your bs man. You're in the wrong forum.
  3. Go Fish Language, its a virus

Rheomode, Wa.
    Ratings: +88 / 0
    As usual, Fe is still saying the gulf spill couldn't be BP's fault...

They didn't know the gun was loaded.
  4. Calvin1 Member

Seattle, WA
    Ratings: +7 / 0
    The President of the US does not have the authority without the express permission of the Congress to commit $2B to anything. That's ignorance talking with a political ax to grind.
  5. mr. bad example Member

poulsbo
    Ratings: +7 / 0
    FE needs to have his meds adjusted..........
  6. Be Jofus G Banned or Parked

Washington
    Ratings: +53 / 0
    Eh? It was fising related. Well, it was until it turned into a copy paste political propagnda fest. :rofl: We got it man. You think Obama is a pile of sheit. I guess my question is, what is worse, being a pile of sheit or being the guy who walks around a horse pasture pointing at every piece of sheit he sees?

WooHooo look at me, I found a big pile of poo poo guys! I think this one has corn in it!
  7. KerryS Ignored Member

Sedro Woolley, WA, USA.
    Ratings: +1,744 / 0
    We know one thing for sure; it is ignorance talking. Whether there is enough intelligence to grind an ax. I am not so sure.

You mean to tell me Beck isn't always truthful or for that matter any of the right wing shills or even any of the left wingnuts.

Gawd, this has turned into one useless piece of horse manure no matter who is walking in the field finding corn nuggets.

The gulf is now well lubricated and some on here would like to do the same to our collective asshole.
  8. Split Bamboo Member

Tacoma, Washington
    Ratings: +0 / 0
    An interesting clip of the Secretary of Energy Chu discussing BP.

9. dryflylarry "Chasing Riseforms"

Near the Fjord
    BP does more than oil projects. My friend's son will be working on a windmill farm in Idaho owned by BP. They'll probably end up "spilling" half the wind tho, and lose their ass on the project....
  10. Split Bamboo Member

Tacoma, Washington
    Great call!
  11. Flyborg Active Member

Kalama, WA
    Ratings: +597 / 0
    Regarding the "can it rain oil" question:

From http://www.wtsp.com/news/mostpop/story.aspx?storyid=131321&provider=top

"National Weather Service Science and Operations Officer Charlie Paxton says while it's always possible a water spout could pick up some oil and carry it a short distance, the notion of black rain is just not possible. Paxton says that's because oil does not evaporate. As a result, talk of black rain is just a myth."
  12. Paul Huffman Lagging economic indicator

Yakima, WA.
    Ratings: +130 / 0
  13. Paul Huffman Lagging economic indicator

Yakima, WA.
  14. Paul Huffman Lagging economic indicator

Yakima, WA.
  15. Ed Call Mumbling Moderator

Kitsap Peninsula
    Ratings: +1,355 / 9
    Paul, thanks for keeping us on target here. I just got my Plaquemines Fly Guides T Shirt in support of those along the Louisiana coastline. My co-workers are all wondering about the shirt. I just point them in the direction of the BP updates and let them decide for themselves. I'm sure that, regrettably, we'll see many more storms push through the gulf that can further exasperate the oil spill problem, which is still leaking heavily. Day 75 and counting? We still have anyone in denial that this mess is going to be a long term problem? Any over-under on the longevity of BP?
  16. Jerry White Member

City, State
    Ratings: +8 / 0

Class D Felony to take photos... ?
  17. Split Bamboo Member

Tacoma, Washington
    Potentially very disturbing. There were very good reasons the Founders created the Bill of Right. First among these was to limit the powers of the Government. This will be interesting to see how it plays out.

And does anyone know why Thad Allen was not in uniform? Any Coasties or other members of the armed forces know why?
  18. Ed Call Mumbling Moderator

Kitsap Peninsula
    Ratings: +1,355 / 9
    Split Bamboo: Washington D. C. is an interesting place. Check this chart out. Civilian Informal Attire is authorized for visits to or for Foreign or US officials (Mr. President). Also check the notes on the bottom left: Civilian Informal = Business Suit for Gentlemen Notes on bottom right: Washington D. C. specific attire = Business suit.

http://www.cwoauscg.org/docs/Military Uniform Equivalents.doc It is from April of 2003, but is still likely valid, in whole or in part, today.

As for why? Calls for speculation. I believe that it has more to do with allowing military members to blend better into the community rather than be wearing their uniforms and be much more visual. I also believe that some US and/or Foreign Officials prefer that a military presence be less obvious by requesting military members not wear their uniforms. Just my piece of speculation.
  19. dryflylarry "Chasing Riseforms"

Near the Fjord
    BREAKING NEWS----THE OIL LEAK HAS BEEN STOPPED TODAY----JULY 15

Will it hold? Let's hope so......
  20. Trent Ugly member

Here
    Ratings: +3 / 0
    Doesn't this make twice now that BP said that they have "plugged it"? I read something about it in the headlines also.