The PINKS are coming...!!

Discussion in 'Project Healing Waters Fly Fishing' started by Dave Alberts, Jul 21, 2011.

1. Dave Alberts Member

Lakewood, WA
    Ratings: +24 / 0
    If the projections are even close to accurate, this should be an awsome year for PINK SALMON!! If you haven't fished them with a fly, you are missing a good show!

I am offering active duty service members the opportunity to experience this semi-annual event on a first come first served basis, except that preference will be given to PHW program participants. The number of trips will depend on my schedule, and of course the weather. If you want to fish, send me a PM and I will try to accommodate. This is a free trip. The offer is good for the month of August, 2011, only.

If you have appropriate gear, great. If not, I can supply. Fishing will be in the Tacoma area and from a 16' boat. Trips will typically last 4-6 hours. There are no guarantees of fish, but in years past "catching" hasn't been an issue...Achy, cramping arms are usually the "norm"!

As I suggested before, SAFETY afloat is a primary concern, and weather will dictate whether to fish or not.

BACKUP VOLUNTEERS---If you have a suitable boat and want to participate in this effort, let me know. With this open posting, it is hard to know what to expect in terms of response. Hopefully everyone who wants to fish will have a boat seat!
  2. Ed Call Mumbling Moderator

Kitsap Peninsula
    Ratings: +1,355 / 9
    Dave, searching for a new boat for the salt as I type. If I can get lucky I'll be glad to join your flotilla and have seats available for some troops.