Article The "what gun should I carry ?" in wolf, bear and tweeker country solved

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by ribka, Nov 28, 2012.

1. ribka Active Member

E WA
    Ratings: +165 / 0
  2. Talking about firepower the other day I was pumping gas at the chevron station in Stanwood. On the other side of the pumps I see a old military jeep, it looked really nicely restored from what I saw of it between the pump island so I walked around to the other side to check it out. Couldn't believe what I saw on it. The jeep had two machine guns mounted on it. A 30 caliber on the dash on the passenger side and a M60 on a stand-up mount in the back. I asked the owner if they worked and he said they did, not full auto though. As long as he didn't have the ammo belts locked in he said it was cool with the cops. Pretty cool ride, just what you should have for driving anywhere south of Island Crossing.
    JesseCFowl likes this.
  3. GAT Active Member

Willamette Valley, OR
    Ratings: +2,663 / 0
    Kind'a heavy.
  4. Salmo_g Active Member

Your City ,State
    Ratings: +1,679 / 0
    It better come in .44 Mag if bear are going to be on that list. The perfect carry weapon for weight weenie fishermen who have to have the absolute lighest weight rod and reel, etc.
    JesseCFowl likes this.
  5. GAT Active Member

Willamette Valley, OR
    Ratings: +2,663 / 0
    A 22 will work fine in bear country... if attacked by a bear, all you have to do is shoot your fishing partner in the leg.

[IMG]
  6. Long Rodder New Member

Ephrata
    Ratings: +15 / 0
    When I lived in Alaska, there was a popular joke: If you choose to carry a .44 in bear country, make sure to file the front sight off...so when that grizzly shoves it up your @$$, it won't hurt so bad.
  7. Stewart Skunk Happens

Spokane
    Ratings: +48 / 0
    It would be fun to try it out!
  8. Upton O Blind hog fisherman

out of state now
    Ratings: +216 / 0
    I want to see the youtube video of that thing firing. Gives "double tap" definition new direction.
  9. Alex MacDonald Dr. of Doomology

Haus Alpenrosa, Lederhosenland
    Ratings: +895 / 0
    Bitchin`, as we used to say... I want one!
  10. Bradley Miller Dances with fish

Tacoma
    Ratings: +104 / 0
    ribka likes this.
  11. bitterroot Love vintage graphite!

Montana
    Ratings: +214 / 1
    That may be the stupidest weapon I have ever seen!
    enlightened and Chris Scoones like this.
  12. zen leecher aka bill w born to work, forced to fish

Moses Lake, WA
    Ratings: +1,019 / 1
  13. Richard Olmstead BigDog

Seattle, WA
    Ratings: +791 / 0
    Ribka -
    I thought this would be more your style.

hello-kitty-desert-eagle-handguns-600x375.jpg
  14. JesseC Active Member

seattle, wa
    Ratings: +754 / 0
    Haaaahahaha.... this has been the funniest thread in a long time.
  15. Josh dead in the water

NW Washington
    Ratings: +506 / 2
    I'd like to fire one just for the fun of it. But as someone with smaller hands, it really defeats the purpose of a 1911 for me.
  16. riseform Active Member

Tacoma, WA
    Ratings: +291 / 0
    Maybe Silencerco will start making a double barrel suppressor! May push the tax stamp up to $400.
  17. Steve Unwin Active Member

Edmonds, WA
    Ratings: +89 / 0
    I don't know if he owns it, but the foreman of a construction company that did a building for my company was driving that truck (in Mukilteo). I think it's a part of a club, as he drove some other cool restored mil-trucks. I didn't know the guns worked though, that's awesome! I'm pretty sure he had a tommy gun behind the seat, as well.