NFR 'The World Champion Seattle Seahawks'

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by Kent Lufkin, May 8, 2014.

1. Kent Lufkin

Kent Lufkin Remember when you could remember everything?

Who'd have ever thought we'd hear those word out of the mouths of national tv pundits covering the NFL draft? At the last minute the Seahawks trade their first round pick to Minnesota.

Stay tuned.

K

Brett Angel likes this.
  2. Old Man

Old Man Just an Old Man

How can you call them World Champions when they only play in the USA. You can call them the NFL Champions.

And the World Series is only played in two nations. The USA and Canada.

3. Chris Johnson

Chris Johnson Member: Native Fish Society

Pretty safe bet that no football team outside the U.S. could have beat them last year. I'm ok with world champs.

Porter, ganglyangler and Kent Lufkin like this.
  4. sportsman

sportsman Active Member

Give him a break, it's the middle of May and he is still snowed in!

Old Man and Kent Lufkin like this.
  5. Old Man

Old Man Just an Old Man

No, not really. With the amount of rain we had today, I'm surprised that Montana didn't float away.

sportsman likes this.
  6. Olive bugger

Olive bugger Active Member

Weather report!

Snoqualmie is high and green, and Lac Doovall is almost dry?

Go figure.

7. bconrad

bconrad Member

Ok I'll bite. I was frothing at the mouth when the Hawks traded down not once but twice! All those future Hall of Famers just waiting to be drafted. Then we end up with some tiny receiver from Colorado, hope he doesn't fish for trout cause there's none around here. But he's fast, all 180 pounds of him. Then some big man where Tom Cable only cares about his high school wrestling record (undefeated by the way). Most pundits had him projected at late to never.

I've been paying way too much attention to the draft, I blame it on my broken tv. If I could have just turned the boob tube on and tuned out I'd be fine. Instead I'm looking at tweets on my phone, draft chat on my tablet, and streaming it all live on my laptop. At the same time. Damn you Hawks, quit trading down! I've been waiting for this pick for 3 hours!

Really though I'm fine. In Schneider and Carroll we trust. I am sure I will wake up tomorrow and immediately delete this post. Go Hawks!

Kent Lufkin likes this.
  8. Old Man

Old Man Just an Old Man

I watching the draft, I didn't Was trying to get some info on the draft from Yahoo Sports. Boy does that web site suck at coverage.

9. Evan Burck

Evan Burck Fudge Dragon

Yahoo? Only old farts use Yahoo.

10. bennysbuddy

bennysbuddy the sultan of swing

That confirms it I'm now official, a old fart.

11. Evan Burck

Evan Burck Fudge Dragon

When I get an email or send an email to someone with a yahoo account, I at least always know the age bracket they are in.

Kent Lufkin likes this.
  12. Kent Lufkin

Kent Lufkin Remember when you could remember everything?

If Yahoo users are old, AOL users must be fucking ancient.

K

bennysbuddy and Evan Burck like this.
  13. Old Man

Old Man Just an Old Man

I use Yahoo because it was one of the first ones out there and now I'm to stupid to change. I must be stuck in a rut.