Thieves

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by Trout Central, Jul 22, 2013.

1. Trout Central Dan "Rooster" Leavens

Twin Bridges, MT
    Ratings: +1 / 0
    Not how I like my shop to look in the morning.
    [IMG]

Keep your ear open for Hatch and Nautilus Reels, Scott fly rods, Yeti Coolers and Simms gear on the black market.

Life goes on.
  2. bitterroot Love vintage graphite!

Snohomish, WA
    Ratings: +213 / 1
    Bastards!!!!
  3. Matthew Gulbranson Resident Swinger

Seattle, WA
    Ratings: +46 / 0
    Wow. So sorry! I hope they find those bastards and chop off their fingers. Thieves really piss me off!! Hope you are able to recover your cost of the merchandise.
  4. Old Man Just an Old Man

Dillon, Mt
    Ratings: +1,397 / 0
    That's a shame. And I thought that crime didn't happen in Twin Bridges. If you recover some or all I hope they string them up by something other than their fingers.
    Dehlan G and Ron McNeal like this.
  5. Robert Engleheart Robert

Lemoore, CA
    Ratings: +111 / 0
    Be sure to check Craigslist for your gear. Hope you nail the bastards
  6. Dipnet aka Tim Hartman

Silverdale, WA
    Ratings: +344 / 0
    That absolutely sucks! Hope the asshats get caught!
  7. Jim Wallace Smells like low tide

Somewhere on the Coast
    Ratings: +532 / 0
    Yeah. Nail 'em to a tree and pour honey all over 'em. Or just take 'em out back and shoot 'em full of nails with a nail gun. Its what they deserve.
  8. Grayone Fishin' to the end, Oc.P

boring, oregon
    Ratings: +99 / 0
  9. Rod Wittner Active Member

West Richland, WA
    Ratings: +44 / 1
    Rooster, sorry man, that sucks. Time to invest in a security system, even if it is in Twin Bridges. I imagine if you find your Yeti coolers you will find your rods and reels. Probably the same crack heads. Best of luck in finding the culprits.
  10. Trustfunder Active Member

rock creek
    Ratings: +64 / 0
    Unbelievable, never would of thought this in Twin Bridges. Based on your pic it looks to me like the culprits knew what to grab and where to look, so my detective work says either look at recent suspicious customers or an employee/friend that knows the shop. Pay attention to anyone that's been camped around the outskirts of Twin for a while, based on my experience most of these gypsy types are up to no good.

I've been in your shoes and know the feeling, I'll share this with other fly shop owners here, just in case any yahooz show up selling Scott Rods and other gear. Hang in there!
  11. freestoneangler Not to be confused with Freestone

Edgewood, WA
    Ratings: +610 / 1
    Funny you mention the "gypsy types". They (the Rainbow Family) were all over the damn place while we were in Twin Bridges and Dillon from 7/10-19. They were having a camp out/meeting up in the local mountains. I never lock my truck while in MT, but was advised to do so by our hosts. We stopped to shop in Safeway and the place simply reeked of poor hygiene. One of the clerks told us they'd been having problems with the group coming into the store in large numbers and stealing. I'd never heard of this cult before, but just from what I saw and heard, don't have much good to say about them. No way of knowing if anyone from that group is responsible, but certainly a possibility.

Sorry to hear about the loss Dan.
  12. Old Man Just an Old Man

Dillon, Mt
    Ratings: +1,397 / 0
    My wife works at one of the motels in town. She told me that one would check in and then they would sneak many more into their rooms. Then they would trash the place. It got to where they stopped letting them in. They were pretty dirty people.. They do this here just about every year. And the Tax payers of Montana have to clean their shit up.
  13. Peyton00 Active Member

Puyallup, Wa.
    Ratings: +217 / 0
    We have gypsys over here too. The 'Ristiks' and 'Stevens' families are notorious for scams and stealing from local stores in Tacoma and Puyallup areas. One of the guys got busted for turning back odometers on cars he was selling. They are raised to scam and dont' desire any other way of living.
  14. Trustfunder Active Member

rock creek
    Ratings: +64 / 0
    The Rainbow Clan, yep bumped into a few of those guys n gals... I'm not impressed that the human race could stoop to that level.
    triploidjunkie likes this.
  15. Josh Stroud Active Member

WA
    Ratings: +54 / 0
    Horrible, nothing worse than a thief. I hope you catch them...