Finger Plant Hat Grass Landscape
Water Watch Shorts Fisherman giant carp
Plant Fluid Water People in nature Fish
Water Fish Fisherman Fishing Recreational fishing
Fish Marine biology Fin Water Marine mammal
Finally able to upload a few pics

See less See more
#5 ·
Great day on the flats!!! I finally made it over to Mr.P's blog and decided to tie up one of his carp carrots. Man, if there was ever a "magic carp fly", this is it. Five carp landed, and a sixth lost in the first hour. I targeted only mirror carp the second hour and missed one good take.

#6 ·
Dang, I'm gonna have to head north, I reckon. Epic fail this morning . . . first fav spot was to hot & I suspect low O2 content. 2nd had a few fish, but far between. Hit 1 little one, a shaker LM, and a small Channel Cat. So much for my 3-mile round-trip fishing holes. Time to wander. The Carp Carrot can be deadly.

#8 ·
I wish it was a peacock. I've never been anywhere it was even an option, that I know of. If you're referring to the fifth picture, the fish with the red eyes, it's a tench(tinca tinca) They are actually a member of the carp family. The pic in my avatard is of a different one I caught.

#11 ·
Pretty much. I think I would do better with a damsle or grubby looking nymph, but so far they seem to like smallish carp flies, especially carp carrots. I haven't seen one tench my last few trips out. I think they're holed up in the seaweed.

#13 ·
recently found a new spot in the river by my house with some big squaw fish, so I been entertaining myself catching them after work lately. Don't know if I'll ever get the river cleaned up enough for the trout to move back in, but that's my goal, and in the mean time, getting a lot of casting practice in, and introducing a few friends to fly fishing to boot.

Come spring time, I should have enough to plant with the veggies in the garden.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.