Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner

Tri-Cities swap!! Who's in?

Swap 
2K views 13 replies 7 participants last post by  Rick Sharp 
#1 ·
I'd like to get some tri-cities folks together for a face-to-face fly swap. I'm thinking mid-Decemberish, but I'd like to leave a lot open to discussion; see if we can get a better crowd that way. Day? Time? Where? Theme for the swap? I think it'll be as much about meeting fly fishers in the area as anything else. Swapping flies will not be a requirement if you wanna come and don't roll your own. All the same, I'll kick things off with some suggestions: 15 December at Atomic Brewery, around 6:00 pm. And I'll say winter steel would be a good theme for the flies.

#4 ·
I'm not from the tri-cities area but I'm over there quite a bit for work & frequent the Atomic (excellent potato soup & Atomic Amber). If I'm going to be over when you guys meet I'd like to join in if you would't mind. I usually travel with a tying kit to keep me busy in the hotel room at night. I'm not much of a TV person.

#8 ·
Rodney, I'm not sure if I can make it. That day turned into a day off for me, and plans were made. Sorry to bail on this- especially since I started it- but hopefully we'll get a good turnout at another time. And along with Atomic Dog, I really want to get out and do some fishing with you guys.

#9 ·
Well, crap! I just invited 3 buddies. You started this thing and now are bailing out at the last minute? Dude! Well, I am showing up, we will see what happens. you should at least drop by.

#12 ·
Well, I showed up with my wife and son, and Rick Sharp was there.... we had a nice time and the pizza is terrific. And the micro brews aren't bad, either. We should try this again.

#14 ·
Well you guys want to attempt another get together in the next few weeks on a week night,

When: TBD (majority rules)

Swap flies, gear or just tell lies and trade stories, maybe plan a trip or two for this upcoming summer?
Post if your interested and a good evening for the date.

I like March 8th at 6pm

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.