Trying the Skokomish this weekend

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by nu2flyfishing, Oct 29, 2001.

1. nu2flyfishing

nu2flyfishing New Member

I have never been there. Any ideas on what to expect and what to use? I will be in hip waders and willing to walk.

2. guest

guest Guest

there should still be some silvers in there maybe chums. if it rains pretty hard dont go the indians sold all the logging rights so there is nothin to stop all the water and erosion so it goes strait into the river. start at the bridge at hunter farms if you see fish, fish. but take the road across from the fruit stand or whatever, old purdy cut-off rd. that goes parallel to the part that goes to the hatchery that is where people are catchin fish. these are hatchery fish so they dont take a fly as well as natives. baciclly its a snagfest with a large hook and yarn. 4 fish limit. the indians just cut them open and strip there eggs then throw them in big piles in the river to feed the creek and if you look at the fish there are bucks split open and checked for eggs. to much fire water and companionship with trailer park mutt i guess. youll need waders. if you are driving far dont bother i would check out the wynootche or satsop they get later runs of native fish i think and much more willing to catch on fly. bank and wading access. check your fly shop they should know i got a map here some where. across the river is the res so dont wade and fish on that part they have been known to be unfreindly to people on there land fishing and hunting. later Ben

3. guest

guest Guest

youll see abandoned fish nets wrapped arond structure full of fish. these are not the most conservative people by any means.

4. nu2flyfishing

nu2flyfishing New Member

Wow, thanks for the heads up. Maybe I'll try Lake Cushman. Again thanks

5. nu2flyfishing

nu2flyfishing New Member

Im reading more and hearing more of the same. What have they done to our rivers. We apy our money to fish and this is as good as it gets. thanks for the heads up . Maybe I'll try Lake Cushman

6. guest

guest Guest

hey forget what i said if you want to give your rod some action you wont find a better place for chums than here. if i didnt have a fish in 20 seconds something was wrong there are flooding the skok off of old purdy cutoff rd only had 1 hr to fish after work and it was awesome. totally recommed it if you go there this weekend hope to see you there. Ben

7. bobkt76

bobkt76 New Member

ha ben are u looking for a fishing partner i am looking to go fishing more often i got layed off and my freinds have to work and i need to FISH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOLkeep the sunny side up and the krusty side down keeep on trucking

8. guest

guest Guest

what area are you from

9. bobkt76

bobkt76 New Member

sumner by tacoma willing to travelkeep the sunny side up and the krusty side down keeep on trucking