UHMW oar position blocks

Discussion in 'Watercraft' started by Bantam, Mar 23, 2013.

1. Bantam

Bantam Member

Looking to buy and install 1" thick uhmw blocks for my DB. Im looking to add 6-7 oar positions forward.I'm located in the Everett area and was hoping to find a distributor in the area

2. WABOWMAN

WABOWMAN Active Member

Go to tap plastics and buy a piece. Drill a few holes and install. I don't know of a distributed around. I'm sure that 3 rivers marine could order a pice from alumaweld.

3. saffman

saffman Member

Pretty sure I have some in the garage I can be persuaded to part with. PM me with email info and I will send pics and dimensions when I locate them.

4. nomlasder

nomlasder Active Member

Media:
  5. Bantam

Bantam Member

I'm looking for a piece approximately 1" thick X 3" tall X 20" Long. I was hoping to get 7 oar positions out of each block. Called tap plastics and they don't carry anything above 1/2" thick, I'd have to order a full sheet.

6. saffman

saffman Member

Sent you a PM with these pics but will put it here in case anyone else is wondering about these. Koffler built these for my RMTB a few years back but there wasn't enough seat adjustment to bother with it. These are 9" x 1.75" x 2.25" CIMG1414.JPG . Holes are 3 inches apart. Koffler could fab your 20" blocks I'm sure.

7. Bantam

Bantam Member

I did a bit of research while out and about today, and did some talking to some fabricators, I found that I need to run two separate blocks with the design of my boat. Its an older 16x54 Willie with the Uni-Rail. Cutting out to much in between the Uni-Rail could significantly weaken the boats rail and create unwanted flex in the boat.

8. rotato

rotato Active Member

Tacoma plastics has a large remnant section