Upper Nisqually River

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by Levi Chipps, Jul 9, 2013.

1. Levi Chipps New Member

Ratings: +0 / 0
    Upper Nisqually River Fly Fishing. Can anyone help me determine if this is worth while? I have been there 3 times this year and have not had a bite??
  2. Salmo_g Active Member

Your City ,State
    Ratings: +1,679 / 0
    When you say upper, do you mean upstream of Tacoma Powers hydroelectric dams on the Nisqually? I think that turns opaque from glacial melt in hot weather like we've been having. There are fish there and in Mineral Creek, but I think they are small.

Sg
  3. james.jimenez Active Member

South Korea
    Ratings: +250 / 0
    I have gotten a few swinging sculpins in the rippled fast water down by Mounts Road, the military side. I have also gotten a few higher in the river system, but nothing very big. I often catch the same size fish in much smaller rivers around the area.. Here is one I caught recently...

Attached Files:

4. Evan Virnoche Guest

not really much in there
  5. John Weston Member

Ratings: +11 / 0
    fished it twice last week on the fort lewis range. nothing. had a report on barrier dam from the other day, nothing. have no clue whats going on. looks like they are stageing and getting ready to spawn, I have no clue, fish are just funny and do there own thing. done with the rivers for awhile. getting ready for the pinks, they are a coming.

Outlaw
  6. Just.Mark Member

DuPont, WA
    Ratings: +14 / 0
    Fished it last weekend it was pretty dead just not a good trout fishery.
  7. Levi Chipps New Member

I have been above Ashford at the first road that you come to. Kernahan Rd. It is very dirty from the runoff. I guess that I am too high. Any Suggestions that are open now close to Puyallup?