usa allen fly reel

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by Porter, Jul 14, 2014.

1. Hear they are moving forward with this..... congrats with usa made reel. I like the effort Allen has put in to bring back usa made. If wrong so sorry!

[​IMG]

2. That looks sweet!! I'm definitely going forward with buying an Allen reel... as soon as I can justify buying a new reel. I keep taking bad "spills" in the rocks, but my Lamsons' are too damn tough! Any of my Sage reels would've been toast a year ago.

3. That looks Sweet, if they made a matte finish with orange.... That would be awesome-sauce!

4. Sealed drag?

5. Stilly, I'm sure that Evan Burke can answer that question much better than I can, but as far as I know, Yes. Allen makes some great saltwater reels, this will be one.

6. I have three Allen Fly reels. I wouldn't part with any of them. Good reels and nice and smooth.

7. I do have a Kraken, and for the price point it is a really nice smooth reel. The drag smoothness and start up inertia doesnt quite compare to my nautilus reels, but the kraken is less than 1/2 the proce, so no room for complaints from me!

Sawyer likes this.
  8. I've got 6 Allen reels now, and I'll add more soon. I'm very finicky about my gear. I use them in salt and freshwater and find them to be very good tools for the money. This is from a guy with a garage full of high end Galvan, Ross, Orvis and Bauer reels. I look forward to seeing the USA models.

constructeur likes this.
  9. I have one Allen reel and although it does not get used much, it is fun on the 5wt.

10. The three that I have are terriffic. I would like to find a fish to truely challenge the drag...so far they have not met a match. Perhaps someday I'll get a chance to take them to the tropics to give them a real work out.

11. Very nice! Can't wait to hear more on it

12. I'm all for USA pride- but the Kraken is a better name for a reel :)