usa allen fly reel

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by Porter, Jul 14, 2014.

1. Porter

Porter Active Member

Hear they are moving forward with this..... congrats with usa made reel. I like the effort Allen has put in to bring back usa made. If wrong so sorry!

[​IMG]

2. triploidjunkie

triploidjunkie Active Member

That looks sweet!! I'm definitely going forward with buying an Allen reel... as soon as I can justify buying a new reel. I keep taking bad "spills" in the rocks, but my Lamsons' are too damn tough! Any of my Sage reels would've been toast a year ago.

3. Sawyer

Sawyer Active Member

That looks Sweet, if they made a matte finish with orange.... That would be awesome-sauce!

4. stilly stalker

stilly stalker Tuna sniffer

Sealed drag?

5. John Hicks

John Hicks Owner and operator of Sea Run Pursuits

Stilly, I'm sure that Evan Burke can answer that question much better than I can, but as far as I know, Yes. Allen makes some great saltwater reels, this will be one.

6. Old Man

Old Man Just an Old Man

I have three Allen Fly reels. I wouldn't part with any of them. Good reels and nice and smooth.

7. stilly stalker

I do have a Kraken, and for the price point it is a really nice smooth reel. The drag smoothness and start up inertia doesnt quite compare to my nautilus reels, but the kraken is less than 1/2 the proce, so no room for complaints from me!

Sawyer likes this.
  8. Mingo

Mingo the Menehune stole my beer

I've got 6 Allen reels now, and I'll add more soon. I'm very finicky about my gear. I use them in salt and freshwater and find them to be very good tools for the money. This is from a guy with a garage full of high end Galvan, Ross, Orvis and Bauer reels. I look forward to seeing the USA models.

constructeur likes this.
  9. Stew McLeod

Stew McLeod aka BigMac

I have one Allen reel and although it does not get used much, it is fun on the 5wt.

10. cmann886

cmann886 Active Member

The three that I have are terriffic. I would like to find a fish to truely challenge the drag...so far they have not met a match. Perhaps someday I'll get a chance to take them to the tropics to give them a real work out.

11. Alexander

Alexander Fishon

Very nice! Can't wait to hear more on it

12. stilly stalker

I'm all for USA pride- but the Kraken is a better name for a reel :)