[vid] graphic saltwater flyfishing

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by coonrad, Mar 16, 2006.

1. bhudda heffe'

basement
    Ratings: +109 / 0

didnt look like a washington canister! i love the yakking seen , im sure i would of too changing elevation every 5-10 seconds, back and forth.
    coonrad, your stuff rocks!

bhudda
  2. coonrad New Member

marine area 10
    Ratings: +0 / 0
    No doubt, there's some pretty decent surf up there. A few spots well known, a couple others a little more secretive and tricky to get to. One of the spots is right near where I filmed that wave.
  3. Griswald a.k.a. Griswald

Vashon Island, Wa.
    Ratings: +5 / 0
    Coonrad,
    In my 3 years on this board, I have to say, without a doubt, that is the coolest thing I have ever seen. Sure there have been great pics, and great stories, (Thanks Lawless, Healers, etc.) but that is amazing! Thanks so very much for sharing those wonderful times. It gives a normal guy like me something to shoot for!

Best,
    Griswald
  4. Tightline Brian Perry

Seattle, Wa, USA.
    That was sweet! Great footage, and music!

~B
  5. Jeff Dodd Active Member

Langley, WA
    Ratings: +349 / 0
    Very cool, I'm pumped for September!

The tool that grabs the fish by the lower jaw is a great idea as it requieres less handling of the fish. Is it NW Urban legend that it damages salmon?
  6. Ken II LIB

Auburn,Wa.
    Nice work guy, that's some good stuff.
  7. Mark Kulikov Active Member

Polson Montana
    Ratings: +72 / 0
    That is one great video. I smell an academy award. You guys should have a monthly competition for best video. "American Fly Fishing Idol"......Mr. Swan would make a great Simon Cowell.....:clown:A poll could determin the winner......too much? I digress.

Seriously, an excellent piece of work.:thumb:
  8. ibn Moderator

Federal Way
    Ratings: +10 / 0
    That's a boga grip, it's actually not really that great for salmon, at the time I didn't realize it and learned the hardway as I eventually had it slice the bottom jaw in half of a coho. The boga works for helping handle salmon, but they really shouldn't be used to lift a fish's entire weight as it damages the fish. Now on lingcod or rockfish that's a different story, they work great on those. Every time I see myself holding a fish up like that it makes me cringe! Live and learn.
  9. nick m New Member

Groton, Ma/Walla Walla
    Great video, I had to replay that take in the beginning about ten times, so jealous...
  10. Anil Active Member

Tacoma, WA, USA.
    Ratings: +205 / 6
    What Ibn said is absolutely correct. Most of that footage is several years old. At the time, we didn’t realize the damage that a Boga-Grip could cause to Silvers and Humpies. If you use a Boga and support the weight of the fish with another hand (as seen in some of the clips) you can minimize or eliminate the damage, but why risk it? We no longer use them on any Salmon that we plan on releasing. They are great for Rockfish and Lingcod though…
    Craig deserves all of the credit for the film, he did a wonderful job of editing and filming with mediocre casting.
  11. Jeff Dodd Active Member

Langley, WA
    Ratings: +349 / 0
    Sounds good guys - Thanks for setting us straight on that