We doin' this again or what?

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by Matt Burke, Jan 21, 2009.

1. Jerry Daschofsky

Jerry Daschofsky Moderator Staff Member

Media:
    Home Page:
    No problem Matt. I didn't feel like rereading the whole thread. So thought I'd post it up. No biggie though, just curious so I could put my order in.

I'm hoping the water comes up a bit. If we don't get more water, my driftboat is staying home (sorry buck and fishdontcare). I'll be bringing my two pontoons anyways. So will have one toon for someone who wants transport (now, if I bring my driftboat I'll have two pontoons for people to use).

Yeah Jim, I concur. Think you just asked for people to come to your hotel room and bang at wee hours of the night.

2. Ed Call

Ed Call Mumbling Moderator Staff Member

Media:
    Stay away from the room, I'll be sleeping after a long day of rowing, I'm in terrible shape.

3. Jerry Daschofsky

Media:
    Home Page:
    Well, I'll be sleeping in my camper at the Oxbow. Just don't startle me. Hate to have my M4 go off thinking there was an intruder. LOL

Ok, seriously, wouldn't bring it. Just kidding (people have been testy lately, makes me feel like I have to clear up my sarcasm).

I don't plan on getting much sleep. I'm on vacation that next week, so figured I'll sleep when I get home. What sucks, I'm home this and next weekend trying to finish what's left of the flood damage cleanup when I could be fishing. DAMNED IT! Thank god for cell phones with internet access and short breaks. :)

4. Mark Walker

Mark Walker Active Member

I wouldn't think of knockng on door that had OMJ, Mumbles, and I on the other side, unless, of course it was to fish.

5. Old Man

Old Man Just an Old Man

Media:
    Don'r even bother. My fishing sucks in Washington. And I don't like to get up unless the sun is shining and it is in the upper 80's. Fat chance of that happening.

Jim

6. Islander

Islander Steve

So back to the real topic for a minute. Is anyone going on the first weekend and if so how long are you planning to stay? I have to do some crap for my wife on Sun. morning so I will be heading out late Sunday or early Monday depending on the ferry schedule. Anyone else going to be there????

7. Jerry Daschofsky

Media:
    Home Page:
    I won't be there the first weekend (aka this weekend). Have some 4H duties in the evening. Sucks, had to scrub my morning fishing trips to the coast though.

Ok, I'm hoping this rain brings the water up and we don't get too much cold to drop them back down again. So, here's an offer.

IF, and I say IF the rivers are at decent levels I'm bringing my driftboat. The seats in my driftboat are filled already. BUT, if I bring my driftboat I'll have two pontoons available for Saturday and Sunday. Ones my baby (my 10' Steelheader) and a 9' Outcast fishcat. They'll both be up for grabs. So, if you know what you're doing and want to use them, I'm offering them up IF the river has water and I can run the driftboat. Don't feel like rockbouncing if it's low. If it's low, both are spoken for already. But this isn't a first come first served. Have to have the "approval" from one of the established board members (either if you know me, or Chris, IBN, etc can vouch for you).

I'll be doing some of the food shopping next week, probably wed/thurs. Have to get the ribeye and the ribs in the dryrub. :)

8. flybill

flybill Purveyor of fine hackle, wine & cigars!

Media:
    I'll be heading out the evening of the 25th or early morning on the 26th and staying until Sunday. Maybe longer if the conditions are good and the fish are willing! :beer1:

Jerry, the food sounds great! Looking forward to seeing your setup and sampling the food! :thumb:

9. jabseattle

jabseattle jabs

Media:
    I will be in the area this weekend

10. Matt Smith

Matt Smith On the river Noyb

Media:
    The Keg has been reserved, bring your mug and donate some ice to keep it cold for the week. The keg and I will be arriving Wednesday. Does anybody have a tap? It will save me the deposit.

11. Islander

Islander Steve

You obviously haven't drank with this group...that keg won't last a week. :D
    From the looks of the weather you won't need much ice either. I had a bag in a cooler in the back of my truck for 4 days earlier this month. It didn't melt at all.

12. Hoopa

Hoopa cantreMember

Me, the pontoon and and a pot for beans will be at Oxbow Monday thru Wednesday, maybe Thursday, DOF. Oh yeah, and plenty of beer. Anybody know what the magic fly is going to be for swinging?

13. Ed Call

Media:
    Magic fly is in my box. There are many flies in those boxes. I only wish I knew which one it was.

14. Hoopa

Hoopa cantreMember

Yeah, I got a couple of boxes of offerings, but based on past experience it will be something else Mr. Steel wants. So many combinations of sink rate, leader size/length and flies for this steelhead stalker to figure out on a new river it cramps up the brain. I expect that the successful guys in camp will be like a bright lights to moths.

Hey Islander, are you staying at Oxbow?

15. Islander

Islander Steve

Yes, I'll be at Oxbow either late Sunday or early Monday. Depends on how late the ferry runs.
    Earlier this month I had two brake me off so I'm out for revenge. I have one set up for swinging and one with a nymph rig.

16. Matt Burke

Matt Burke Active Member

Media:
    mine! still have to tie flies to swing.

Attached Files:

• egg8.jpg
      egg8.jpg
      File size:
      139.1 KB
      Views:
  17. Islander

Islander Steve

Those are some sweet eggs sacks. I'd like to see how you tie those. :thumb:

18. Old Man

Old Man Just an Old Man

Media:
    You guys going to fish with flies or with gear.

19. Ed Call

Media:
    I thought everything was gear and fly fishing was using a subset of gear. Jim, you sure have NOT been a very grouchy old man lately, what is up with that?

20. flybill

flybill Purveyor of fine hackle, wine & cigars!

Media:
    Do those work best w/ shrimp oil or WD-40?? :clown:

Now where are those beads I need to tie with?? :rolleyes: