We doin' this again or what?

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by Matt Burke, Jan 21, 2009.

1. Mark Walker

Mark Walker Active Member

Nice eggs Matt:thumb:

2. Ed Call

Ed Call Mumbling Moderator Staff Member

Are those your PLUNKIN eggs?

3. Hoopa

Hoopa cantreMember

Tasty looking sushi, Matt.
    Here's one guys selection for the Hoh that I found on the internet.
    http://www.flyanglersonline.com/features/greatrivers/hoh/hohflies.php
    Might try my local fly shop for a few of those patterns.
    Reminds me of last month trout fishing central Oregon for two weeks. Stopped in the Bend Orvis shop and spent $60 on 10 different patterns and only one of them worked for me. First and last time OSWMBO will go to a "fly shop" with me!

4. Jerry Daschofsky

Jerry Daschofsky Moderator Staff Member

No magic bullet. Just get a fly and stick with it. Longer you keep it in the water, the better. So once you pick one, use it. I like long pink bunny leeches and marabou patterns (doesn't have to be popsicle style, can be a simple chenille body with marabou wing). As long as it has pink in it. ;) LOL. I do use alot of black and purple too.

5. Matthew Gulbranson

Matthew Gulbranson Resident Swinger

I'll be swingin' long ole' bunny leeches. Just like Jerry's colors, either pink or black and blue. I just hope that will be the ticket for me. I'm going to tie up a bunch this weekend so I will be stocked up! BTW, plan on arriving Friday evening and leaving sometime Monday.
    Cheers,
    Matthew

6. Bob Triggs

Bob Triggs Your Preferred Olympic Peninsula Fly Fishing Guide

I hope you guys like rain and muddy water!

7. Ed Call

Bob, I'll confess. I like rain and muddy water far more than no rain, my relaxation fountain and no fishing to be done inside my cubicle. Maybe the end result will be having to go up higher to find lesser flows or better clarity. I don't know. What would Bob Triggs do if he had been planning on such a trip and was not able to get out every day he wanted? Would he find a way to fish anyway?

8. Ringlee

Ringlee Doesn't care how you fish Moderator Staff Member

Backtroll some Tullis wiggle bugs!

9. Hoopa

Hoopa cantreMember

10. Matt Smith

Matt Smith On the river Noyb

At this point it doesn't matter, I'm going, I'm committed, I'm going to have some fun, attempt to fool a stupid fish living in chocolate milk, drink a lot of beer, win some money off of Mumbles, and shoot the shit. It's gonna be great no matter what the conditions.:thumb:

11. Ed Call

:mad:
    Dropping mad F bombs right now because I'm not thinking much beneficial change will be seen over the next six to eight days. #@$&

But I'm on my forced furlough days and forced flex holiday

So I gotta fish somewhere:beathead:

12. Jeremy Floyd

Jeremy Floyd fly fishing my way through life

If the rivers aren't in shape, I am not heading over today.

13. Buck

Buck "Ride'n Dirty."

14. Matt Smith

Matt Smith On the river Noyb

No worries... do I need to be the group optimist? Or the delusionist?... I could also be an arsonist but that wouldn't be good.

15. rainbow

rainbow My name is Mark Oberg

Hi, Ok I'm a retard. Can somebody put a map on here to were were going to be thanks.

16. Ed Call

My inexperienced ass must now ask those of you who know the OP and its wonderful waters so well. Do we now shift our focus further up river, like way the hell up there? Do we bag the whole setup for an alternate plan? If so, what would that plan be this time of the year. S rivers? Beach exploration? Trout quest? Remember, one of my traveling companions and two of my roomies for the weekend (next weekend, not this weekend) are travelling from afar...MT by truck and CA by plane.

Mother Nature and her sense of humor!

17. Ed Call

Not the greatest, but here is a fast map. Oxbow Campground is next to 101 as it crosses the Hoh River.

18. rainbow

rainbow My name is Mark Oberg

Ok thanks. I was confused because there's an oxbow in oregon on the sandy.

19. Hoopa

Hoopa cantreMember

20. Old Man

Old Man Just an Old Man

And here I was worried about snow in the 4 passes that I have to cross. I try to keep tabs on the rivers because I know that two rain drops will put them out of their banks.. Typical Washington weather. But wait five minutes and it will change. This comes from experence.

Jim