We doin' this again or what?

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by Matt Burke, Jan 21, 2009.

1. Jerry Daschofsky Moderator

Graham, WA, USA.
    Ratings: +660 / 5
    Cool. I'll be there with food in hand and plug rods in the boat. Who wants to go pluggin' with me? ;)

Ok, I'm joking........or am I? :)
  2. Islander Steve

Langley, Wa..
    Ratings: +182 / 6
    Does this mean your not going to join us. I guess we could drive for an hour and a half and go beach fishing. :hmmm:
  3. Jake Bannon nymphs for steelhead....

puget sound
    Ratings: +0 / 0

Awsome Jerry, you can count on me for supplying pins, pink worms, jigs and spoons. Oh yea, how many tubs of sandshrimp do you want? :clown: j/k

Jake
  4. Matt Burke Active Member

Kenmore
    Ratings: +56 / 0
    I don't care what the weather is doing, I'll be there Monday to fucking fish.
  5. Buck "Ride'n Dirty."

Seattle, Wa.
    Ratings: +7 / 0
    Jerry, i'll go pluggin with you. Of course I have no freaking idea what it is
    BN
  6. Ed Call Mumbling Moderator

Kitsap Peninsula
    Ratings: +1,357 / 9
    Bad Ass! Don't let that 4th grade choir boy photo fool you, Matt Burke is f'n serious!

Buck, not sure what BN stands for but I'm thinking Buck Nasty...you don't have to get that avatar dressed, but at least put him in some waders.
  7. Buck "Ride'n Dirty."

Seattle, Wa.
    OK. you win......:rofl:
  8. Mark Walker Active Member

So. Cal.
    Ratings: +221 / 1
    I thought it was "buck naked":eek::D:rofl:
  9. Matt Burke Active Member

Kenmore
    Spey casting naked would be bad ass. Watching the the hook rip into your flesh in HD would be awesome. I am so tying my ass off here trying to get ready for this gig. I'm down to a couple dozen shitty guide flies left to do and then I throw food in a cooler and go. The Fetal motel is still set up in the back of the cherokee. I don't even know if the bedding is wet from my waders and boots that I threw on top of it all when I was done fishing the Sauk/Skagit Monday. Don't care, it's got nothing to do with fishing until the light is gone on Monday afternoon. Will anyone be there to fish that day? Will trade flies or barter for Calwa shuttle. Or I could start my classes. Bank Monkey 101. That class could be held on the Queets. Any of you fuckers smell what I've been thinking for weeks now, yet?
  10. Buck "Ride'n Dirty."

Seattle, Wa.
    Mumbles, Your right what was I thinking going into that frigid waters without my waders???? I couldn't find my full length waders, but I found my hip ones.
    Cheers,
    BN.
    :rofl:

Attached Files:

11. Mark Walker Active Member

So. Cal.
    Ratings: +221 / 1
    I have just resigned from this thread.:eek:
  12. jeff bandy Make my day

Edmonds, Wa.
    Ratings: +286 / 1
    Buck, thats just not right.
    Matt, I'll see you there Monday. The wife and I are heading over eather Sunday night or first boat Monday.
    P.S.
    Can't you do something about Bucks last post.
    Jeff
  13. Buck "Ride'n Dirty."

Seattle, Wa.
    if your that offended by my joking have a mod delete it, I don't care. I'm on my pda at work and I can't.
    Chill, it was ment be a joke
  14. jeff bandy Make my day

Edmonds, Wa.
    So was my response.
    Jeff
  15. Bob Triggs Your Preferred Olympic Peninsula Fly Fishing Guide

Olympic Peninsula
    Ratings: +649 / 0
    It is not the weather that I care about- I have fished in everything dished out here, up to and including frozen waders and jacket- it is the flows. Right now it could go either way for the next week or two. Maybe a less than "50/50" chance of fishing flows, at least quality flows (stable or dropping) in more than one or two little spots. Personally I dont like to run far up the rivers in search of better flows and clarity at this time of year as we tend to see more spawners upriver by now. This late in the season I am trying to fish closer to the salt.

Having said all of this, and now with my having cancelled several trips already, you guys will probably have a stellar week out here!:rofl:
  16. Buck "Ride'n Dirty."

Seattle, Wa.
    sorry jeff, hard to tell, work and drive at thew same time.
    Cheers,
    BN
  17. Hoopa cantreMember

Vancouver, WA
    Ratings: +0 / 0
    Bob, what do you consider fishable flows on the Hoh? The river dropped from 4000 to 3000 since yesterday with spotty showers for the next two days. I'm thinking 2000 when I hit it Monday afternoon.
  18. jeff bandy Make my day

Edmonds, Wa.
    And cooler temps mean less melt.:)
    Jeff
  19. Islander Steve

Langley, Wa..
    Ratings: +182 / 6
    From the looks of things I will be on the 1st or 2nd ferry leaving Whidbey Monday morning. A short stop for grub in Port Townsend and then head for the Oxbow. Hope to be wetting a line by afternoon some time. I'm getting anxious.....
  20. Matt Burke Active Member

Kenmore
    Sure can, I'll drive thru Oxbow to find another place to stay. That aint right.