We doin' this again or what?

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by Matt Burke, Jan 21, 2009.

1. Mark Walker Active Member

So. Cal.
    Ratings: +221 / 1
    For those of you that may be interested, I will be bringing a new, not even in their catalog yet, Elkhorn 11' 7/8wt 4pc. switch rod that can be demo'd. I have been asked to get feedback on this rod if I didn't mind by the owner, Brian, of Elkhorn rods.
  2. Matthew Gulbranson Resident Swinger

Seattle, WA
    Ratings: +47 / 0
    That makes two of us Mumbles! At least I can flail the water with my new spey set up and look like a fool :thumb:
    Cheers :beer2:
    Matthew
  3. Ed Call Mumbling Moderator

Kitsap Peninsula
    Ratings: +1,358 / 9
    Been sifting through my gear, mostly packed now for my departure tomorrow after parent teacher conferences...wondering now what kind of stuff I've forgotten to pack. I won't sleep much I'm sure. I hope I don't forget to go to SeaTac, 90 minutes in the wrong direction, to pick up fishdontcare. Hope to see many of you there.
  4. Banzai FFing and VWs...Bugs & Bugs

Bremerton, WA
    Ratings: +3 / 0
    I'll be arriving in the "Hindenburg"('86 silver VW Vanagon Synchro) sometime Friday PM. I'll bring along a couple of two-handers as well in order to join in the casting fun. Counting down till the fun starts.
  5. Matthew Gulbranson Resident Swinger

Seattle, WA
    Ratings: +47 / 0
    One last stop at the store today to pick up a few things, and I should be rolling out about 3pm. Hope to have the tent up in time to go hit a run before it gets too dark. See you all soon! I'm having a hard time not bailing out of work right now!!

Cheers,
    Matthew
  6. Hoopa cantreMember

Vancouver, WA
    Ratings: +0 / 0
    Anybody not yet left for the Hoh I have a request.

It seems I left my pontoon oars back at Oxbow campground.:beathead: If somebody catches this before you head to Oxbow would you please ask Steve (Islander) if he found them in our camp.

If found, would be terrific if somebody there is heading back down Vancouver way and would bring them down.

Hoopa
  7. Jerry Daschofsky Moderator

Graham, WA, USA.
    Ratings: +660 / 5
    I just finished packing everything up. DAMNED, you outta see my truck and driftboat. LOL. Looks like I'm ready to invade. I'll be leaving in the AM. Actually, probably about 7 hours from now. Have to stop and pickup some more water and refill propane tanks. Then will be on my way. Hope to be there around noon at the latest. Will setup my camp and then maybe inflate the steelheader and take a run down the Hoh.
  8. Jeremy Floyd fly fishing my way through life

Quesnel, BC
    Ratings: +319 / 0
    I have about 6-8 hours duct work left to go on this heat pump/AC I just installed. Then I am driving back to Eastern Washington to get gear, load up, and in the morning (hopefully by 2 or 3AM) I will leave Cheney and head out to you guys the OP.

(little update) It's 9:26 am on saturday and I am officially not making it out there as I just finished up in Lynnwood on this project and all my stuff is in Eastern WA since I don't have room for tools and camping gear both in my truck. By the time I finish up my run to E-WA and come back I will have almost no time to hang out.
  9. Buck "Ride'n Dirty."

Seattle, Wa.
    Ratings: +7 / 0
    Can we get a report? Who's catch what? Did Jim make it? How's Jerry's food? .....I'm sure good.
    Anyway, if someone could fill me in.
    Thanks,
    Frank.
  10. Matt Smith On the river Noyb

Monroe, WA
    Ratings: +2 / 0
    Here's my report,

It was a great group from the board, except for Old Man. It was a was a whole lot of fun, There were thousands of casts made, one fish was caught. It was the fish of ten thousand casts. Jeff Bandy can be proud to be the one who caught it. There were cigars, booze, beer. And then there was Jerry and the food. Holy Shit! That was great stuff, I can't say enough about it. If you did not attend then you totally missed out. I think I may have to get a spey rod now. Thanks for corrupting me!

Until next time

Attached Files:

11. Buck "Ride'n Dirty."

Seattle, Wa.
    Ratings: +7 / 0
    Looks loke a really great time. Damn, those onion rings look good.
  12. Ed Call Mumbling Moderator

Kitsap Peninsula
    Ratings: +1,358 / 9
    Great time indeed!