Weird ass Met Fish

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by CLO, Jul 15, 2013.

1. CLO

CLO Boats and cohos

it was a whitefish

2. CLO

CLO Boats and cohos

The website hosting the picture failed, sorry guys for the mass hysteria.

3. GAT

GAT Active Member

No photo... just the dreaded little red 'X"

4. Travis Bille

Travis Bille Active Member

Yeah, the picture isn't coming up

5. CLO

CLO Boats and cohos

Website failed.

Steffan Brown likes this.
  6. zen leecher aka bill w

zen leecher aka bill w born to work, forced to fish

Met as in Methow, Metolius or Seattle Metropolitan Theatre?

If it's the Met"olius" I'd vote for a lake run rainbow that came up the river. If it's the Met"how" I'd vote for a travelling triploid. If its the Seattle Met"ropolitan Theatre" I'd vote for a trout that likes plays.

Stew McLeod and tythetier like this.
  7. GAT

GAT Active Member

I don't think it is the Metolius Met (the trees are all wrong)... whatever the Met, danged nice trout!

8. kevinjc

kevinjc New Member

Got to be a triploid. Not good for the river...

9. Rick Todd

Rick Todd Active Member

It appears for have an adipose fin, so I assume it is not a hatchery fish. It looks like the big guys from Rufus Woods but how could it get in the Met? Nice big fish anyway! Rick

10. yah um that fish is retarded

11. Cruik

Cruik Active Member

What's the justification for calling this a trip? The fact that it's chunky? Also, rufus woods triploids do have adipose fins, but none of the fins generally look that good. Looks probably wild or perhaps a diploid plant from an adjacent waterway to me. I would guess that fish hasn't spent it's whole life in that river. It could have come up from Pateros. I don't think I've really seen too many pure rainbows in the Methow. There are a few rare surprises in that river, though, so I don't think it's impossible to grow a rainbow that big in there. Also, it looks like it could be male, which rules out triploid.

12. tythetier

tythetier Fish Slayer

did you forget the 'h' in Met?? Is it a fish that is on Meth??? If so, yes, that has to be the fattest anything on meth ever.....

13. Jamie Wilson

Jamie Wilson Active Member

local nice trout

14. Aside from being a complete slob, I don't see anything wrong with it.

15. Evan Burck

Evan Burck Fudge Dragon

Definitely a trip. I've caught them in there before, and it's becoming a pretty regular occurrence to catch them. They're getting through/over Chief Joseph with regularity now. It's how so many end up in Lake Pateros and they open that section up for fishing for them.

16. Caveman

Caveman Member

I have heard there are some huge trout in that river. Not many, but talking with the fish and game that there are several big ones.

17. cabezon

cabezon Sculpin Enterprises

Hmmm, picture appears to have succumbed to the Methow trout mafia. Heaven forbid that someone let out that there is another river on the east side of the state that might have a nice trout besides the Yakima. I better check my Gazeteer to ensure that this secret river hasn't been removed from there too.....

Steve

Irafly likes this.
  18. triploidjunkie

triploidjunkie Active Member

Weird ass thread

Irafly likes this.
  19. GAT

GAT Active Member

LOL :) That's exactly what I've been thinking.

What the hell was that all about????

20. Bonefish Jack

Bonefish Jack Strictly FF

I thought it was an Atlantic Salmon

triploidjunkie likes this.