Well are they or not...

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by FinLuver, Mar 5, 2014.

1. FinLuver Active Member

Mid-Willamette Valley
    Ratings: +98 / 0
    "We need to maintain healthy and abundant wild populations not only for their own sake, but to be a supply of fish for hatchery production and to keep hatchery programs cost effective," Bakke said.

Guess "they' are not as bad for our streams as has been previously purported...after all, this quote comes from the "expert".
  2. Jeff Sawyer Active Member

Tacoma WA
    Ratings: +249 / 0
    Its been my experience that experts and morons are often indistinguishable.
  3. Whitey Active Member

Far side of the moon
    Ratings: +185 / 0
    Hatcheries are a jobs program.

The wdfw shills will be here shortly to confuse and mislead the masses with a long winded response full of half truths and poor science.
  4. Whitey Active Member

Far side of the moon
    Ratings: +185 / 0
    So which hatchery do you work at?
  5. Danielocean Steelhead Virgin

Monroe
    Ratings: +663 / 0
    From what I have heard the WDFW has a reputation for not paying as well as they should.
    Bob Triggs likes this.
  6. FinLuver Active Member

Mid-Willamette Valley
    "i will concede bill is an expert, at least more knowledgeable than me. yet even experts can be quoted out of context to meet the needs of whatever agenda one has. "

SOPFLY...That quote was/is from an article touted by NFS, and which a link was provided from a mass emailing sent by them.

As they put it..."Fox News. - Fair and Balanced"
  7. Dan Page Active Member

Yelm, Wa., USA.
    Ratings: +33 / 0
    Bob Triggs likes this.
  8. FinLuver Active Member

Mid-Willamette Valley
    DP...

I have that as well, but the quote was from a link (FOX News Report) provided by NFS via mass emailing, within the last week, patting themselves on the back for the "good work" they are doing.
  9. Dan Page Active Member

Yelm, Wa., USA.
    OK. I hear what you're saying.
    The influence of pro hatchery is very strong. Even in reading some biologists I get the feeling they can't let go of trying to improve over nature.
    Derek Young likes this.
  10. Chris Bellows The Thought Train

The Salt
    Ratings: +870 / 0
    It is pretty easy to tell the difference when Finluver is the moron. Just a know-nothing troll.
  11. FinLuver Active Member

Mid-Willamette Valley
    Jeff Sawyer said:
    Its been my experience that experts and morons are often indistinguishable.
    Chris Bellows... It is pretty easy to tell the difference when Finluver is the moron. Just a know-nothing troll.

Now that was constructive ... don't shoot the messenger (read the article) ;)
  12. Chris DeLeone Active Member

Monroe, WA
    Ratings: +90 / 0
  13. Dan Page Active Member

Yelm, Wa., USA.
    Thanks for posting Chris.
    Am not seeing anything out of line here.
  14. Salmo_g Active Member

Your City ,State
    Ratings: +1,704 / 0
    Even in context, it's taken out of context. That's the nature of brief news articles and sound bites. They can never include enough detail to fully explain an issue. If FinLuver actually wanted to understand Bakke's and the NFS' opinion on the subject, he'd have to read quite a bit more. But actually understanding a subject and knowing what you're talking about is so unexciting, compared to clipped sound bites.

Sg
    Derek Young and Gary Knowels like this.
  15. Krusty Active Member

Spokane, WA
    Ratings: +613 / 0
    For the majority of the fishing license purchasing bait/gear chucking public, and their one or two days on the water during the season opener, hauling home a limit of hatchery fish are the only thing that keeps them happy....and they 'pay the freight' for F&G departments. It's an entertainment business, plain and simple.
    GAT likes this.
  16. Charles Sullivan dreaming through the come down

bellingham wa
    Ratings: +565 / 0
    Thanks to those of you who posted the link. Nothing htere to get too worked up about.

Go Sox,
    cds