West Side LMB

Discussion in 'Warm Water Species' started by Andrew Lawrence, May 21, 2013.

1. Andrew Lawrence Active Member

Renton, WA.
    Ratings: +100 / 0
    I haven’t really fished for bass since I moved here from the mid-west 17 years ago. Being that I recently moved to the south sound area, I decided to try something a little different.

91d92.jpg
  2. McNasty Canyon Lurker

Somewhere Near Selah, WA
    Ratings: +471 / 1
    nice one!
  3. Evan Virnoche Guest

Ratings: +0 / 0
    noice work. were u in the 15-20 foot depth or have they started congregating in the shallows. my local lake there still a lil deep
  4. Andrew Lawrence Active Member

Renton, WA.
    Ratings: +100 / 0
    BASS_TURDS

The majority of the fish (bass) that I observed, along with a few others that I caught, were fairly close to shore (maybe 6 – 10 feet), and were hiding in structure (trees, etc.) in water that was in the 2 – 4 foot depth range. The fish in the picture was swimming near the perimeter of a shore side weed bed, and was about 10 feet from the shore in approximately 5 feet of water. It took a lightly weighted red bunny leech that was 3 inches and length, which I presented using a very slow retrieve.

Regards,

Andrew
  5. B.Willis New Member

Ratings: +14 / 0
    Nice bass! South Sound lakes have pretty good LMB fishing. I know of a couple lakes where 8+pounders have been caught. Funny thing, I lived in the Midwest for a short time many years back and got hooked on fishing for LMB. I swear every farmer in Missouri has a bass pond on their property.
    BASS_TURDS likes this.
  6. Evan Virnoche Guest

in san diego there was bass ponds everywhere and little irrigation canals with some hogs
  7. B.Willis New Member

Ratings: +14 / 0
    Oh yeah, SoCal has some fatties all over the place. I still haven't been able to fish their famous ones, Dixon, Castaic and Casitas. They got hogs in there 20+ lbs!!! Unreal
  8. Evan Virnoche Guest

Dixon is awesome, also unreal trout fishing during the winter. Never fished the other two c's tho