West Side LMB

Discussion in 'Warm Water Species' started by Andrew Lawrence, May 21, 2013.

1. Andrew Lawrence

Andrew Lawrence Active Member

I haven’t really fished for bass since I moved here from the mid-west 17 years ago. Being that I recently moved to the south sound area, I decided to try something a little different.

91d92.jpg

2. McNasty

McNasty Canyon Lurker

nice one!

3. noice work. were u in the 15-20 foot depth or have they started congregating in the shallows. my local lake there still a lil deep

4. Andrew Lawrence

Andrew Lawrence Active Member

BASS_TURDS

The majority of the fish (bass) that I observed, along with a few others that I caught, were fairly close to shore (maybe 6 – 10 feet), and were hiding in structure (trees, etc.) in water that was in the 2 – 4 foot depth range. The fish in the picture was swimming near the perimeter of a shore side weed bed, and was about 10 feet from the shore in approximately 5 feet of water. It took a lightly weighted red bunny leech that was 3 inches and length, which I presented using a very slow retrieve.

Regards,

Andrew

5. B.Willis

B.Willis New Member

Nice bass! South Sound lakes have pretty good LMB fishing. I know of a couple lakes where 8+pounders have been caught. Funny thing, I lived in the Midwest for a short time many years back and got hooked on fishing for LMB. I swear every farmer in Missouri has a bass pond on their property.

BASS_TURDS likes this.
  6. in san diego there was bass ponds everywhere and little irrigation canals with some hogs

7. B.Willis

B.Willis New Member

Oh yeah, SoCal has some fatties all over the place. I still haven't been able to fish their famous ones, Dixon, Castaic and Casitas. They got hogs in there 20+ lbs!!! Unreal

8. Dixon is awesome, also unreal trout fishing during the winter. Never fished the other two c's tho