WFF Gear Program: Demo / Gear Availability

Discussion in 'WFF Gear Program' started by Chris Scoones, Dec 7, 2004.

1. RockFly Rock Hound

Snohomish, WA
    Ratings: +0 / 0
    Wow! 170lbs?!? Guess that just means more dog to love. :) What kind of dog?

chels
  2. Chris Scoones Administrator

North Bend
    Ratings: +283 / 0
    He's a malamute.
  3. Greg Miller meat-head

Bothell, Washington, U.S..
    170 lbs AND he's a pup...wow!! That dog's paws and legs are thick! Kind of reminds me of Clifford...that malamute might not fit in your house in another year.
  4. Old Man Just an Old Man

Dillon, Mt
    Ratings: +1,404 / 0
    I used the "word" puppy. He's not really a puppy. He's full grown. It is just that he is a gentle dog. At least I see him that way. :)

Jim
  5. Jeremy Husby Is there a Vahalla for fishermen?

Arlington, WA
    Thats not a dog that is a horse.
  6. TANGLES Richh

Lake Forest Park, Washington, USA.
    Ratings: +3 / 0
    Way to go Chris. What a great win/win situation. It takes a lot to pull something like this together. Thanks.
  7. Bob Triggs STOP KILLING WILD STEELHEAD!!!!

Ratings: +531 / 0
    I'll have a diet pepsi.
  8. Zen Piscator Supporting wild steelhead, gravel to gravel.

Missoula, MT
    Ratings: +12 / 0
    Nice work bro. Im sure other companies will hop on board once they see how it will help sales.

Peace,
    Andy
  9. mcoomer New Member

Sammamish, WA, USA.
    Nicely done, Chris. It's always nice to try before you buy and being able to use it on the water is the ultimate tryout. I hope that this works out well for everyone.

Mike
  10. windtickler Member

Maybe in the spirit of supporting local retailers, people who have demoed the gear could get a "demo discount" at the local store, like a pro-form. These discounts are usually sucked up by the wholesaler, not the retailer. Since it's the wholesaler's who are putting the stuff out there, it might work.

So, for instance, I demo a Watermaster. Then instead of going online to Mega - Lo - Mart, I take coupon up to Ron at All About the Fly (shameless plug, but he just came to mind), and he passes that on to the wholesaler to protect his profit margin. Or after demoing, you just email the rep and he sets it up for you at a local store.

Win, win, win.
  11. jabseattle jabs

Desert Dweller
    What an outstanding program Chris..You really went above and beyond with this gear program. I'm sure the members will be very appreciative for such a great opportunity to demo out some gear.:thumb:

Let me know if you need help with gear pick up or retrieval. :confused:
  12. Fishunter Member

Centralia, Washington
    Wow! What an idea.
  13. Old Man Just an Old Man

Dillon, Mt
    Ratings: +1,404 / 0
    Hey Chris. Now that you have this program up and running. Do you have any other type of floating devices other than the Watermasters. Say such as an Outcast Fat Cat. Just asking.

Jim
  14. Chris Scoones Administrator

North Bend
    Ratings: +283 / 0
    Nothing else yet but fat cats were on the list. I'll see what I can do Jim.
  15. Warmonger newt

Yakima, WA
    hummmm this sounds good. I am in Yakima i will think about it!
  16. briann0915 Briann0915

Issaquah, WA
    Chris - just got my first float tube. For a guy of 72, I learn slow, but good! Question: I have waders, stocking foot, Simms. Do I wear my wading boots, only fins, or some kind of combination? Your advice would be appreciated.

Brian
  17. Don Barton Member

Seattle
    Brian

Like you most float tubers have stocking foot waders. Most of those use wadding boots and then they use flippers that fit over their boots. I am in this group and it works well for me.

Since a standard heavier weight boot is hardly necessary, a second group use a lighter weight boot or some type of shoe or an outer "sock" and then put their fins on. A third group put their fins over their stocking feet waders with nothing to protect their heal. The last two groups have more difficulty keeping their feet warm because they have less insulation than the first group.

I do not own nor have I used Force Fins. But there is no doubt that most people who have used them favor Force Fins over other brands. The drawback is that they are expensive.