WFF Holiday Fly Swap

Discussion in 'Fly Swaps' started by kelvin, Oct 9, 2012.

1. kelvin Active Member

Seattle,WA
    Ratings: +292 / 0
    Still looking for a ride for jackd from Southworth
    anyone able to help him out?
  2. dryflylarry "Chasing Riseforms"

Near the Fjord
    Ratings: +567 / 0
    Well, I guess everyone is stuck with the size 24 BWO's. Not too sexy or colorful for a fly swap, but, they work and catch fish. I did the PMD Emergers in size 20 also. Merry Xmas!
    Richard Torres likes this.
  3. Irafly Active Member

Everett, Washington, USA.
    Ratings: +1,087 / 1
    Wish I could, but I'm leaving from Everett. Maybe put this in the main forum.
  4. Irafly Active Member

I liked this, because I felt a sudden random need to be your 300th like.
  5. kelvin Active Member

Seattle,WA
    can you do that for him?
  6. Irafly Active Member

I put it in the main forum. I also advertised the swap there. Could be interesting. Avid could be happy.
    kelvin likes this.
  7. kelvin Active Member

Seattle,WA
    thanks
  8. coastal cutthroat Member

seattle, wa
    Ratings: +10 / 0
    I had a great time this afternoon. Was good to be able to put faces (and names in some cases) on monikers. Thanks to Kelvin for organizing the swap, and the The Avid Angler for hosting it.
    Rob Ast likes this.
  9. Pat Lat Mad Flyentist

Des Moines
    Ratings: +821 / 0
    Yeah thanks kelvin and every one that pitched in, it was great to meet everyone, we'll have to get out on the water to try our new flie soon.

are we doing pics for the swap gallery? there were some really cool patterns that I didn't get but want to try tying, Id like to get a pic of that skunk nymph that kelvin brought and those tent wing caddis we were supposed to get a demo of;)
  10. jeff bandy Make my day

Edmonds, Wa.
    Ratings: +365 / 1
    Bummed I missed it. Got called into work. Would love to see some photos.
  11. Thomas Mitchell Active Member

Western, WA
    Ratings: +190 / 2
    Sorry I had to miss it. My daughter is a college wrestler and her team was competing down south with a live webcast. Also, I'm from 'Bama so the SEC championship game was a bit of a distraction. I was running back and forth from the computer to either yelling things like "head position!" or "Roll Tide!" depending on whether I was talking to the TV or the computer. My younger son now knows I am a lunatic...

But the kid won her first match with a pin and then wrestled up a weight class in the second round and one that one too. And of course Bama did what they do...

If anyone catches something with my (Not A)Winters Hope or Green & Copper, let me know. I'll be posting an SBS on the Green & Copper very soon.
    Pat Lat and Richard Torres like this.
  12. kelvin Active Member

Seattle,WA
    I still have flies for Thomas Gary and Mike
    PM me on how to get them to you!

Attached Files:

13. dryflylarry "Chasing Riseforms"

Near the Fjord
    Hey Kelvin, it was a nice Holiday Swap sponsored by you again this year. Me thinks you should do it every year now. It was fun seeing a few familiar faces and meeting some new crazy fly fisherman from this site. If you get a chance to sneak off and fish, let me know. Nice swap!
  14. dryflylarry "Chasing Riseforms"

Near the Fjord
    Oh, and Richard. Thanks for that good beer you brought to the swap!
  15. Richard Torres Active Member

Mill Creek
    Ratings: +76 / 0
    Thomas,
    Kids are always first in my book. Congrats on your daughters first win, very nice!

Like everyone else it was great to meet new fellow anglers and see some familiar faces again Ron, Rob and of course Larry, you are welcome. You'll have to show me sometime where you like to fish and I'll bring some more along...

Kelvin's gatherings are always worth attending, nice job with the pulled pork too Kelvin.

Unlike my tied up frankensteins, everyone put together some quality flies. Pat your sand lance and steelhead patterns were amazing, Porter one of your skunk variants will be first on my list the next time I'm out after the hatchery brats and Ira your squirrel/maribou creation will be in the box the next time on a lake.
  16. Richard Torres Active Member

Mill Creek
    Ratings: +76 / 0
    Sorry you missed it too Jeff, a very good time was had by all.

Great hear you are working again, last time we met you weren't.
  17. porterHause Just call me Jon

Seattle, WA
    Ratings: +177 / 0
    Awesome time, thanks for putting this on Kelvin! And thanks for the pulled pork! Very humbling to meet such a classy bunch of tiers.
  18. Irafly Active Member

Glad I made it out for this and glad I took a set of Pat's and a set of Kelvin's flies home. I enjoyed tying and showing folks my patterns and I look forward to fishing with any of you sometime this up coming year.
  19. Pat Lat Mad Flyentist

Des Moines
    Ratings: +821 / 0
    What is the other ira's screen name, he chose first but got the patterns snatched, Id like to send him a few of those sandlance poppers to try out
    Irafly likes this.
  20. Rob Ast Active Member

West Pugetopolis WA
    Ratings: +237 / 3
    Ira is coastal cutthroat