What is it??

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by tommyhawk, Jul 11, 2014.

1. tommyhawk

tommyhawk Member

Thanks everyone for the input...totally just looked forward to standing in the river and cooling off, swing my 2 hander around a bit and try out a clear intermediate line on a new single handed 7 wt I just bought....I went with a buddy who fishes it pretty regularly....we went in past the shack and took a left parked and walked upriver a bit....worked our way down toward the bridge hooking small...really small sea run cutts when I kinda rolled that new single 7 into a little soft water off of some really heavy stuff, I was half way thru a roll mend when he cruised up and blasted it about 2" under the surface. It was a short roll cast initially and I saw the whole thing....I saw all the spots and hollered to my buddy danny that I had a big cutthroat....When It had finished it's temper tantrum (ie running up river and jumping several times ) and I brought it to hand danny said...that's either a resident rainbow or a small summer run....either way it sure capped off a nice evening

2. GAT

GAT Dumbfounded

Works for me.

3. Old Man

Old Man Just an Old Man

Media:
    I used to catch fish like this out of the Beckler River. They taste good also coming out of a nice cool mountain stream. Got some 16 to 18 inches.