What's the "verdict" on the Super Dry Elite line?

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by Kaiserman, Jul 14, 2014.

1. I really liked my 4 wt Ridge line from years ago, but unfortunately, I tore a HUGE chunk out of it.

Now I'm looking at possibly getting that new(er) Super Dry Elite from Airflo. I was just wondering what others had to say before I pull the trigger on buying one.

I've heard good and bad things about the line, both seeming to be legit, but the one bad thing almost seemed like a "fluke", for a lack of a better word.

That's one of the great things about this forum... someone can potentially save you from making a bad purchase, or confirm making a good one.

I'm always (sort of) leary when a product "self proclaims" something as "Super" or "Elite".... especially when both are in the title. :D

Anyway, thanks in advance for any input.

2. It's really really good. I've been fishing it for a while, airflo lines last a long time too.

3. I'm always in the market for a good fly line. But 75 bucks is quite a large chunk of change for a line. The last line I bought was a floater, but I only paid 12 bucks for it. And it's still going strong.

I guess you could call me cheap.

4. Yep OMJ, I have several lines that I paid not even $10 for, and are still going strong.

However, that being said, there are a few exceptions where I'll "splurge" for a higher end line.... if it lives up to it's name.

Priority for me, is rod, line, then reel. Fishing for steelies is rod, reel, line.

5. It is very good stuff. I have a few reels spooled with the weight forward. Awesome