Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner

Where to buy foam for pontoon seat?

1K views 24 replies 13 participants last post by  generic 
#1 ·
I am constantly having to repair leaks in my seat cushion of my creek co voyager. They are sending me a new one but I think I'd like the foam so I can stop worrying about it. Does anyone know where I can get a thick square piece of foam for my seat similar to what the fishcat has? Thanks.

#7 ·
Home depot sells a canned spray that will harden. I do not know if it will get hard enough to work but it is out there.

You could build a small cardboard dam to spray and let it expand into the shape you want.

#11 ·
Thomas - what you are looking for is closed cell foam that will not absorb moisture. Check with stores like Best Buy, Lowe's, etc. as they often have lots of this material that is used for packing. Dumpster Diving is hip these days, so no worries about loosing street cred :D.

#12 ·
I dont remember the name of this store but off 109 across from I hop there is a hardware store that has tones of foam to choose from. I used them for my deployment box on taking my electronics across the pond. I think they may have what you are looking for.
Property Map Ecoregion Infrastructure Land lot

#23 ·
Lot's of great info already presented, but just wanted to add a recent experience at The Friendly Foam Shop (www.friendlyfoam.com) in Bellevue. I went in there to get some foam for some bench cushions - they had a variety of densities and thicknesses which I could sit on to see if they met the exact specifications of my butt. While I was there I asked about foam backing for archery targets. I was impressed that they actually knew what I was talking about and had a remnant piece of high-density self-healing foam that fit my needs perfectly.

Maybe of general interest - they can also create custom cut foam equipment case inserts, so if you have some sort of gun/bow/reel/camera/tool case that could benefit from a laser foam cutout that fits your equipment exactly, they can do that as well.

I felt like I was in the fly shop of foam.

#25 ·
I get that kind of stuff at department stores.

Just ask (anyone really) to see if you can have their packing foam from the garbage. The TV's, computer stands, etc. that they put on display, all come in that foam stuff from the packaging. Someone in the store is always willing to go back and get you want.

I ask a younger person. They seem more eager to help....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.