NFR Who FEEESHIN tomorrow

Discussion in 'Steelhead' started by Evan Virnoche, May 31, 2013.

1. Evan Virnoche Guest

Ratings: +0 / 0
    ill be floating the sky where is everyone else gonna be
    Richard Torres likes this.
  2. Evan Burck Fudge Dragon

Duvall, wa
    Ratings: +1,618 / 2
    I live down the road from the Sky, and I keep having the thought of how fun it'd be to get out this weekend and float it for the first time this summer. Then I remind myself of all the sleds and the parade of drift boats that will be out there this weekend... and weeding the flower beds at home sounds more appealing.
    Bothellfisher and constructeur like this.
  3. Evan Virnoche Guest

I fear this too, but phug it high bridge to sultan or reiter to sultan here I come
  4. Evan Burck Fudge Dragon

Duvall, wa
    Reiter to Sultan? That's not a particularly easy float.
  5. Evan Virnoche Guest

yah if I do that im going with my buddy with a clack who has done it. If I go by my lonesome its high bridge to sultan
  6. Evan Burck Fudge Dragon

Duvall, wa
    How does your buddy fit between those rocks with balls that huge?
  7. cuponoodle breakfast gritty

Arlington
    Ratings: +305 / 0
    My question is, how would someone launch a clackacraft at Reiter?
    Used to be a guy (maybe still is) who put his drift boat in at the cable hole on a regular basis.
    I'll go to work this weekend and hit the water a couple days after the opener.
  8. bhudda heffe'

basement
    Ratings: +109 / 0
    Be floating the sky.........................................3 days off:)
    constructeur likes this.
  9. Evan Virnoche Guest

I think its cable hole to be honest, I remember him saying something about that fishing good during high water
  10. Cruik Active Member

Seattle, WA
    Ratings: +141 / 0
    I see guys occasionally float the stretch from Reiter (putting in well upstream) down to High Bridge, or all the way to Sultan. I certainly wouldn't do it. I definitely wouldn't do it tomorrow. Especially since almost every run between Reiter and High Bridge is going to have anglers since Reiter isn't actually open yet. You'd be low-holing left and right unless you got out. I can think of one or two runs that might be open in that stretch. But you're going to have to beat me to 'em. :D
    BASS_TURDS likes this.
  11. Porter Active Member

Kenmore, WA, USA.
    Ratings: +511 / 0
    How were the crowds? Wanted to go, but done that before and always regretted wasting the time. Been itching for SH fishing.
  12. Porter Active Member

Kenmore, WA, USA.
    Ratings: +511 / 0
    I went today. Did more hiking than fishing, River was to high to be productive. Spent 90 minutes maybe out of an 3 hour journey.
    Didn't see or hear of anyone having any success on the stretch I attended. Lots of jets and bait fisherman...thus the hiking. Be several weeks before I attend the river again. Should have hit the salt beach instead. :rolleyes:
  13. Jeremy Floyd fly fishing my way through life

Quesnel, BC
    Ratings: +319 / 0
    ilu cable hole... 5 am walk in hundreds of times
  14. Danielocean Steelhead Virgin

Monroe
    Ratings: +578 / 0
    Cable hole? Gees I hate being new.
  15. Evan Burck Fudge Dragon

Duvall, wa
    I did a no fly rods trip in the drift boat today and hooked a king on a plug. I'd say fishermen outnumber the available fish by a large margin... Sooo, business as usual on the Sky, complete with substantial sled traffic.
    Bothellfisher likes this.
  16. Jerry Daschofsky Moderator

Graham, WA, USA.
    Ratings: +659 / 5
    It wasn't the sky, was down at my property this weekend. I could NOT believe how many boats were in the Nooch fishing steelhead. I've never seen that many boats first of June fishing it for steel. I mean NEVER! Usually you see more steel and anglers fishing it into late July/early August. But June 1???? Heard reports were on the radio about it. Funny, very few fish caught saturday, so virtually no boats today.
  17. bhudda heffe'

basement
    Ratings: +109 / 0
    Went 1-2 today on swing ,took nice hen home. Brian. P. landed a slob of Buck @ 18 lbs that took the swung fly too...so ,good day!
    David Dalan, plaegreid and wanative like this.
  18. Danielocean Steelhead Virgin

Monroe
    Ratings: +578 / 0
    Great job.
  19. Evan Virnoche Guest

Spotted 2 landed none
  20. Richard Torres Active Member

Mill Creek
    Ratings: +76 / 0
    You mean "spooked 2"? I'm thinking of heading to that same spot sometime this week after work. With this warm weather I was expecting some higher flows, that crossing should be more manageable this time? We'll see.