Who is excited for Pinks?!?!

Discussion in 'Saltwater' started by yellowlab, Mar 13, 2013.

1. yellowlab Active Member

In a van... down by the river, WA
    Ratings: +89 / 8
    Haters can hate, maybe its too early to post, but was sifting through some video clips of years past and couldn't help but think of short sleeve and shorts days with plenty of sunshine and ice cold adult beverages. August can't come soon enough! I am so looking forward to Lings, Kings, Cohos, but those Pinks are a blast on the fly!

Kcahill, jwg, Islander and 2 others like this.
  2. Gregg Lundgren Now fishing on weekdays too!

N. Edmonds / Mukilteo, WA
    Ratings: +89 / 0
    OK Yellowlab, I'll bite. I'm excited! Recently picked-up a Redington Torrent 7wt with a fighting butt primarily for the upcoming pink fest. Can't wait for those days where you can bring in one fish right after the other. All while enjoying some warm summer weather! Can't get here soon enough.
    Flyfishing Dad likes this.
  3. Gary Knowels Active Member

Seattle, WA
    Ratings: +393 / 0
    I'm excited for it. It will be my first time fishing for pinks and I'm eager to put a salmon on the fast action 6 weight I just built up!
    Kcahill likes this.
  4. Jonathan Tachell Active Member

Gig Harbor, Washington
    Ratings: +186 / 0
    Humpies, the other white meat. While they are not the tastiest of salmon they are fun on light fly gear and more than make up for their size with abundance keeping the saltwater angler content during the warm pleasant evenings here in western Washington. As much as I hate to admit it I look forward to fly fishing for pinks this summer. Here is to the hope that there will be a crazy stupid amount of pinks in the sound this year.
  5. Evan Burck Fudge Dragon

Duvall, wa
    Ratings: +1,618 / 2
    Love pinks. Pink season is good clean fun.
    Ian Broadie, Kcahill and bigdood like this.
  6. Matthew Gulbranson Resident Swinger

Seattle, WA
    Ratings: +47 / 0
    I've been thinking about pinks, and am not ashamed to say so! Sooo looking forward to sunshine and catching salmon in the salt. My catching numbers have been extremely low this winter, so I'm actually looking forward to catching something. Always nice to fill the smoker up too :)
  7. wadin' boot Donny, you're out of your element...

Wallingford, WA
    Ratings: +1,555 / 0
    Working on my lil' gold-ribbed pink-marabou bling-jiggies with fat dumbell eyes. Sort of a hybrid Buscemi + Snookie fly

I guess what amazes me about pinks is how few people end up fishing for them.
    Flyfishing Dad and Porter like this.
  8. constructeur Active Member

Seattle, Wa
    Ratings: +410 / 0
    I have no idea wtf that is, but it's gotta be tits.

...I'm excited to rip some lips then hit Lorettas Northwestern for brunch.
  9. DimeBrite MA-9 Beach Stalker

Marine Area 9
    Ratings: +327 / 0
    I don't mind catching pink salmon as long as they don't interfere with my fly when the silvers are close to the beach. There were some hard fighting, leaping pinks in 2011. I will be scouting some lesser known beaches in 2013 to get away from the crowds though.
  10. Chris Bellows The Thought Train

The Salt
    Ratings: +753 / 0
    I keep reading about this warm summer weather... maybe i should fish somewhere besides the Strait. :)

I am not looking forward to catching lots of fish while only having to drive five minutes to the boat ramp. I am not looking forward to being pissed that I cannot keep pinks off the line while chasing coho at Neah Bay this summer.
    Jonathan Tachell likes this.
  11. Patrick Gould Active Member

Ellensburg, WA
    Ratings: +688 / 1
    I've never tried for them on the fly rod. I caught a few on the lower stilly in '09 using dick night spoons. I do remember that although they're usually easy to catch you still have to put in some time.
  12. Mayfly Aviator Member

Idaho Falls, ID
    Ratings: +19 / 0
    I love pink season, this will be the second pink run I've missed after my move to Idaho. Who knows, maybe I'll find myself up there on a visit during the season.
  13. Porter Active Member

Kenmore, WA, USA.
    Ratings: +508 / 0
    6 weight bender !!!! As for that fly? Buscemi....one ugly great actor! Snookie?
  14. Evan Burck Fudge Dragon

Duvall, wa
    Ratings: +1,618 / 2
    Seriously... I don't know what was up with the swartzensized pinks in 2011, but I hope they have the same gusto in 2013
  15. Steve Saville Active Member

Tacoma, WA
    Ratings: +312 / 1
    If you think back, over the last five runs, the fish have gotten bigger each time. Hopefully this run will continue to produce big fish. I love the month of August. I fish almost every day of the month and then the silvers come in right behind. I can barely wait.
    Flyfishing Dad and jwg like this.
  16. formerguide Active Member

Bonney Lake, WA
    Ratings: +756 / 0
    I, for one, am excited as well. I've lived in WA now for approximately 3 months, and have really fallen for beach fishing. Can't wait to try some new (and larger) specimens of salmonids.

Dan
    Flyfishing Dad and Kcahill like this.
  17. Matt Baerwalde ...

Seattle, WA
    Ratings: +199 / 0
    You are in for a treat this summer! This thread makes me think of the Replacements' "Cant' Hardly Wait."
    wadin' boot and bigdood like this.
  18. David Dalan 69°19'15.35" N 18°44'22.74" E

Walla Walla, WA
    Ratings: +737 / 0
    I'm bringing the kids over to the PS to visit grandpa and rope the young ones into some pinks. Well, me too. I'll be having as much fun as the kiddo's.
    Jeff Dodd likes this.
  19. Patrick Allen Active Member

Bothell,WA
    Ratings: +174 / 0
    Paul I will have the boat ready to go with very light Canadian style mooching reels. You just say the word and we will go. Also got a 10 weight ready for lings. You need to tell me what line to buy

Patrick
    yellowlab likes this.
  20. Islander Steve

Langley, Wa..
    Ratings: +180 / 6
    Pinks off the beach on Whidbey is a hoot. After seeing this I went and dug out my pink flies, just to see if I had enough. It's still a ways off, but I'm ready.
    Patrick Gould likes this.