Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner

Winter Lake Swap

Swap 
12K views 125 replies 16 participants last post by  Blue 
#1 ·
Winter Lake Swap Closed

Closed!

Looks like we are tying two flies. You can either tie two different patterns, or you can tie double of the same pattern that way if it works well for someone they have two if they break off. At this point we have either 12 or 13 tiers depending on TD. So plan on tying 12 (we may need to make it 13) of your favorite lake pattern and then either 12 (13) more of the same pattern or 12(13) of a second favorite pattern.

Once all your patterns are tied up ship them to me with either a self addressed stamped returnable envelope or money to cover shipping back. I'll send PMs to everyone involved with my address.

I know I'll be tying my skinny bloodworm, yes the one that Kristy killed them on at Lone. I'll tie my stillwater nymph as my second fly.

Looking at the calendar I think that two to three weeks should be plenty. Lets say a due date of no later than February 3rd. Chef don't worry about the time, come over one night and we'll crank them all out at once.

1. Irafly: DONE!
2. Rob Ast DONE!
3. Chef DONE!
4. Nailbender DONE!
5. troutpocket: DONE!
6. TD DONE!
7. Camo Clad Warrior DONE!
8. Ron McNeal DONE!
9. Bob Jones DONE!
10. Jeff Studebaker DONE!
11. mrcoachman DONE!
12. Rick Todd DONE!
13. Jeff Dodd DONE!
14. Blue DONE!

See less See more
This post has been deleted
#118 ·
Just got the flies. Awesome! I'll have to fight the urge to string them all onto one line and drag them up and down Pass Lake.

Can't wait to see what the browns think of Blue's glorious Platte River Spider - but I'm afraid to use it until the tying recipe goes up and I can make a decent copy. Troutpocket's leech looks like another winner - I remember a damsel nymph swimming up to my boat once that looked exactly like it.

Also, I've been puzzling over ideas for a new baitfish pattern - until I saw Chef's streamer. I'm gonna have fun playing with that pattern in various colors.

Thanks guys!! Hopefully I'll soon be posting pics of these flies with their mouths full of WFF winter lake flies.

#122 ·
Well I was just about ready to give up on my package. Opened the door this am and there it was! First I must apologize to usps for my thoughts about them (don't wan't bad postal karma) Now thanks to everybody for the great flies really nice to have options that are not my own boring ties. Also thanks to Ira for running this and his other swaps being a dad with little ones and a teacher is a full plate already. I had a good time, Thanks Doug

#123 ·
Dude, I am greatly relieved that you ended up with your bugs! Glad to know I didn't fowl up somewhere. Full plate, but I do have down time that I could be watching Jersey Shore or something, but swapmeister is much more rewarding.

Ira..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.