Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner

Winter Lake Swap

Swap 
12K views 125 replies 16 participants last post by  Blue 
#1 ·
Winter Lake Swap Closed

Closed!

Looks like we are tying two flies. You can either tie two different patterns, or you can tie double of the same pattern that way if it works well for someone they have two if they break off. At this point we have either 12 or 13 tiers depending on TD. So plan on tying 12 (we may need to make it 13) of your favorite lake pattern and then either 12 (13) more of the same pattern or 12(13) of a second favorite pattern.

Once all your patterns are tied up ship them to me with either a self addressed stamped returnable envelope or money to cover shipping back. I'll send PMs to everyone involved with my address.

I know I'll be tying my skinny bloodworm, yes the one that Kristy killed them on at Lone. I'll tie my stillwater nymph as my second fly.

Looking at the calendar I think that two to three weeks should be plenty. Lets say a due date of no later than February 3rd. Chef don't worry about the time, come over one night and we'll crank them all out at once.

1. Irafly: DONE!
2. Rob Ast DONE!
3. Chef DONE!
4. Nailbender DONE!
5. troutpocket: DONE!
6. TD DONE!
7. Camo Clad Warrior DONE!
8. Ron McNeal DONE!
9. Bob Jones DONE!
10. Jeff Studebaker DONE!
11. mrcoachman DONE!
12. Rick Todd DONE!
13. Jeff Dodd DONE!
14. Blue DONE!

See less See more
#11 ·
Ira, wondering about a due date too. I'd like to play but am in five swaps currently. Three are done, two to go but I'll need to ensure that the due date is sometime in February before I jump in. If that is a possibility then I'm cool. I'll tie up one of my favorite caddis patterns, probably a pupae for the first pattern. My second would be a chironomid.

#14 ·
HAve you got enough and if you can take me I can do two different chronomids. Thanks I could do a soft hackle instead

#20 ·
Ira, and others, based on not knowing yet, and me getting into a variety of swaps I'll pass on the lake fly one. My boxes for lakes are good and I need more time tying some big steelhead nasties. Ed

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.