Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner

Winter Steel Swap

Swap 
8K views 99 replies 18 participants last post by  LBC 
#1 ·
I know you might be thinking "really dude? Ain't even October and this guy is thinkin about winter???"

Well winter will come quick and I want some new ideas for my winter box before go time. So I wanna open up a winter swing bug swap for those interested in submitting a QUALITY, hopefully proven creation. I would like to emphasize Quality. Take some time, pick out the prime feathers. Use some head cement. Tie it like you would fish it. I would also like to stay away from standard issue shop bugs. I would like to see some original stuff. Or a twist on a classic. Swap will be closed at 10 people, I wanna receive the bugs by Dec 1.

Personally I will be tying an original dubbed "Beyonce." It's a unique twist on Scotty Howell's prom dress and has done well.

1) me
2) Yard
3) Ringlee
4) LBC
5) Blake
6) Mills
7) Matt G.
8) Thomas M.
9) Eric
10) 33" Brown Guy
11) Diehard

Swap full!

See less See more
#55 ·
Mine are coming along, bout half way through and need some more materials, but should meet the dead line. From the photos shown, bright/big, big/black, sparse/light seems to be covered so I opted for natural colors, with lots of profile and movement, for those days when it's low and clear.

It kinda looks like a 3rd trimester abortion from a sand shrimp, that had a threesome with a sculpin and a crayfish, but she wasn't sure who the baby daddy was.

#56 ·
Mine are coming along, bout half way through and need some more materials, but should meet the dead line. From the photos shown, bright/big, big/black, sparse/light seems to be covered so I opted for natural colors, with lots of profile and movement, for those days when it's low and clear.

It kinda looks like a 3rd trimester abortion from a sand shrimp, that had a threesome with a sculpin and a crayfish, but she wasn't sure who the baby daddy was.
Dumpster diving again yard? Dirty.

#68 ·
Mine are done and packed up but I won't be able to get them in the mail until tomorrow. I hope the rivers hold as I really want to step through a few runs this weekend....

Sean, I'll send return postage with mine. I don't want do give you the extra time/money committment. It's enough to be the swapmeister alone!!

#73 ·
Ahh my roomate put the hurt on the kings. I had daddy duties and by the time I got there the graph was on its way up. So I got in on plan B which involved indicators and brats.

Lookin forward to your fly Ringlee! I'm gonna take your loop for a spin Sunday I'll be in touch.

Eric glad your back in the game. New vice or could you repair it? Hope all is well buddy!

#77 ·
Yo Winter Junkies,

I just got mine out in the mail this morning. I didn't wanna pay for overnight shipping so they will be there on Friday... A day late. Sorry guys!

Thanks for hostin Sean, I threw in an extra or two for the trouble. Plus a bonus round of summer flies (skaters) for everyone that participated. :beer1::beer1:
-Blake

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.