Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner

Winter Steel Swap

Swap 
8K views 99 replies 18 participants last post by  LBC 
#1 ·
I know you might be thinking "really dude? Ain't even October and this guy is thinkin about winter???"

Well winter will come quick and I want some new ideas for my winter box before go time. So I wanna open up a winter swing bug swap for those interested in submitting a QUALITY, hopefully proven creation. I would like to emphasize Quality. Take some time, pick out the prime feathers. Use some head cement. Tie it like you would fish it. I would also like to stay away from standard issue shop bugs. I would like to see some original stuff. Or a twist on a classic. Swap will be closed at 10 people, I wanna receive the bugs by Dec 1.

Personally I will be tying an original dubbed "Beyonce." It's a unique twist on Scotty Howell's prom dress and has done well.

1) me
2) Yard
3) Ringlee
4) LBC
5) Blake
6) Mills
7) Matt G.
8) Thomas M.
9) Eric
10) 33" Brown Guy
11) Diehard

Swap full!

See less See more
#81 ·
Alright Ringlee, Boyd and Benjy got your flies. Lookin awesome! Just waiting on Blake and Yards flies should be gettin em soon. Then they will be on their way shortly. All you guys are gonna be stoked on your new box of flies this swap came out great. Thanks everyone for participating and let me know if you stick a chromer on one of the swap bugs!

#88 ·
Crisis averted! Blake your box of goodies was waiting in my mailbox when I got home. They had an epic journey the date Nov 30 was stamped on the package I think you need to name that fly the bilbo baggins! Hahaha
Just sorted all the flies about to take some pics. I will do my best to get them out asap but I'm extremely busy at work (80 hour weeks) so I'm thinkin I will either take a long lunch Monday or have the lady handle it. Thanks guys this is by far the best steelhead swap I've seen you guys are gonna be very happy.

And mills I fished my pattern for a minute a week or two on the hoh and stuck a nice bull trout, and got chewed on by an unknown being in the heavy water, so don't be surprised when Beyonce looks like she had a rough night. In this case mojo was not sold separately.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.